Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a quick illustration of the measurements (I neglected to measure the diameter of the pins themselves)
The green housing is just an 'adapter' fitted over the CO sensor. In the past I've been able to separate them by applying pressure around the circumference and easing the sensor out. A little heat can help too.

Holder.JPG

Once you have the adapter you can press in a new CO sensor, such as the GS+4CO2H. The dimensions and pin spacing on the datasheet match your measurements.

@ddscientific Where can I buy one of the 500ppm GS+4CO2H sensors? The only options I'm coming up with is AliExpress. and an Italian website. Hoping for a North American vendor (ideally Canadian).

@ddscientific Where can I buy one of the 500ppm GS+4CO2H sensors? The only options I'm coming up with is AliExpress. and an Italian website. Hoping for a North American vendor (ideally Canadian).
Sorry for the slow response, Did you have an email we can pass you to our vendor?

Working on finding the appropriate replacement, thanks Jordan!

Just to have this information out in the world here are the images of the sensor that came out of the green housing. It's held in with a ring of adhesive inside. I don't have my calipers handy but it's about 20mm in diameter and 16mm tall. Seems to match up with the attached specs for the citicel 2cF3

The sensor is presumably the original that came with the Analox EII CO, marked 2CF Carbon Monoxide CiTiceL Barcoded 02.19649365 032

IMG_8988.jpg

IMG_8987.jpg

IMG_8989.jpg

IMG_8990.jpg

Screenshot 2022-09-17 065515.jpg

As a further step in archiving of the OEM information here is a pdf of the specifications of the 2CF sensor I pulled out of the original housing. Lousy formatting but it's a print to PDF of a cached file from Google... the original linked file is gone.

Attachments

• 2CF CiTiceL®.pdf
    177.6 KB · Views: 73
The sensor is presumably the original that came with the Analox EII CO, marked 2CF Carbon Monoxide CiTiceL Barcoded 02.19649365 032

Nice work. The City Technology 2CF3 is the current version of 2CF. The DD-Scientific GS+4CO2H certainly appears a suitable alternative.

Attachments

• sps-siot-citytech-2cf3-sensor-datasheet.pdf
    271.3 KB · Views: 77
I've received the GS+4CO2H sensor from a domestic source H2 Solutions, Edmonton and Calgary (Alberta, Canada)

Fits perfectly in the green housing. There was a removable jumper wire on two poles of the new sensor. Since there wasn't one on the OEM sensor I removed it. It slid right in easily and the white ring of adhesive in the housing latched on well.

While I don't have test gas available I did a breath test and the reading was within normal for that. Tested my tanks filled at my LDS, a known well tested filler, and the reading stayed at 0.

In the end the cost is about half of trying to source a fully housed Analox sensor (shipped and taxed CAD$225).

A seller on Aliexpress does claim to sell the sensor at a quarter the price but DDS confirmed that they are an unknown reseller and likely selling counterfeit units.

So all in all a success!

Thank you for your efforts in sourcing this. I will eventually recommission my Analox unit when my substitute dies.

There was a removable jumper wire on two poles of the new [GS+4CO2H] sensor. Since there wasn't one on the OEM sensor I removed it. It slid right in easily and the white ring of adhesive in the housing latched on well.
The sensors are supplied with a shorting link (spring). This allows the sensor to catalyse any CO it is exposed to while in storage and prevent the sensor from becoming 'polarised' (which can take a long time to clear on installation). You did the right thing removing it.

The electronic circuit in the analyser will do the shorting of the sensor whenever the analyser is turned off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom