Ozark, or Oriskany?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Ozark is by far the better dive of the two. IMHO the Oriskany has nothign going for it other than the fact that it is big. It's still pretty sterile, and WAAY overpriced by every operator in town.

Do you have a trek report of your dive/s on the Ozark you might could share??? Also it is my understanding that none of the regular charters run to this site (?)....which charter did you use or was it a private boat tie in dive? Thanks in advance. :wink:

Follow-up:
PS--- I did hear from chickdiver and she provided me with what info. I was asking for in this post.... (a private boat she dove from, and there are a few private charters available at full days tech fee)... :)

Ive dove the Oriskany probably about 50 times. I am looking to dive the Ozark this Spring or early summer for the first time.
The Oriskany is a really large wreck. I have been to the hanger deck a couple of times and to the bottom once but only for a few minutes.

I hope you have more deep experience than your one trip down to the Oriskany's sand since the Ozark's relief doesn't start until after you've gone deeper than the sand bottom at the Oriskany.

The Oriskany has a lot going for it and is by far sterile. Just My Opinion...

The Oriskany has a lot going for it and is by far sterile. Just My Opinion...

Gary.... have you dove the Ozark... if you have, do you have a trip report available?

Actually we plan on doing a good bit of training on the Oriskany and Tenneco rig this winter and spring.

If I feel the team, includig myself! isnt ready for it it will be postponed until we are of course.
Darn sure not ready just yet. Working on gear configurations, profiles and deco techiques.

Can we find a dive shop where they accept to conduct to Oriskany for the tek diving to 200 feet with the nitrox advanced?

Back
Top Bottom