P Valve Cleaning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taat2d

Reaction score
ok....:D

How does one go about cleaning and disinfecting one's P Valve?:sheepish:

This was covered in a thread not too long ago. I use 2 squeeze bottles, one with vinegar and one with water. Has worked so far.

MD

And what do you do? Just squirt it through from the inside out?

I rinse mine in water after every day. But I will usually wash it out real good in a deep sink, with DIAL soap about once a week. Has worked for me so far.

taat2d once bubbled...
And what do you do? Just squirt it through from the inside out?

As I have the OMS, and not that wimpbutt thing with the bolt :D , I also flush thru the exit holes on the outside. I take mine apart maybe once every couple of months.

MD

Bahhh..
Your all Pussy's

Drink a pint of Vinegar, mixed with a Pint of White Spirits, put a little soap in it, connect the cath, sit back and let your body do the cleaning for ya!

YEAH Aquamaniac

Now you're talking....... that's how I'm gonna cleam mine as I see it works for you..... LOL

I forgot to take the squirt bottle along today so I just used the blower... worked fine even with out the squirt bottle... but I think I will probably give it two squirts next time.... and then use the blower.

UP
What exactly does the blower do? How do you use it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom