Question P-valve or "adult" diaper

Do you use a P-valve and condom catheter or an adult diaper for drysuit dives?

• P-Valve and condom catheter

Votes: 42 87.5%
  • Adult diaper

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm torn between 'manning up' and installing a P-valve in my drysuit, or just using an adult diaper.

I'm looking for feedback from my male colleagues.

Recently had a P-valve installed. It's a game changer. So nice to not have to worry about it. No more holding it in on the ascent and boat ride back to the dock. No more rushing to get out of the suit once I'm back. I was a little nervous about the condom cath and if it would hold on the first try - I actually ended up not trusting it the first dive - but the second dive I made sure to try it at the surface first and once that seemed to work I just decided to trust it. Haven't had any issues since. I use the Rochester/Bard Wideband caths.

With option one you have a better than even chance of not bathing in pee and with option two you don’t.:wink:

i had a drysuit with a pee valve in it but never bought the extras to try it. i should have. would have been nice to have between dives as well as during.

i have worn the adult diapers many times. only used it when absolutely necessary during a dive, but honestly it worked perfectly. no mess whatsoever.

i had a drysuit with a pee valve in it but never bought the extras to try it. i should have. would have been nice to have between dives as well as during.

i have worn the adult diapers many times. only used it when absolutely necessary during a dive, but honestly it worked perfectly. no mess whatsoever.
There's no way that a diaper that lays piss up against your body is less mess then a condom that shoots it out of the suit.

Also it would take longer to put a diaper on and take it off (and I guess wipe down like you would a baby) vs catheter.

The diving is over for the day. Your team is just about packed up and heading to the local cantina for a cerveza. Do you want to:
A) Unsnap yourself from the disconnect, stuff your drysuit in a mesh bag, throw on some pants and join them for a beer?
or
B) Carefully remove your drysuit to avoid leakage and go looking for a bathroom where you can change your diaper and give yourself a gross spongebath?

The diving is over for the day. Your team is just about packed up and heading to the local cantina for a cerveza. Do you want to:
A) Unsnap yourself from the disconnect, stuff your drysuit in a mesh bag, throw on some pants and join them for a beer?
or
B) Carefully remove your drysuit to avoid leakage and go looking for a bathroom where you can change your diaper and give yourself a gross spongebath?
The latter... but only if I'm getting paid top dollar to strut my stuff:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom