Halcyon p-valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unbalanced gang.

Balanced p-valves are a gimmick, and so are QDs :)

I’m pretty sure that the halcyon duckbill can be removed and plugged with a standard LP port plug.
You can plug it with a bolt. I forget the size.

Personally I love my balanced, but I get how they're less than ideal if you're doing exploration and crazy long deco dives

yeah, i have suffered the warped duckbill issue before. so if i remove the duckbill and plug the hole with a blanking plug it becomes unbalanced? Maybe i'll give that a try sometimes
Yes but also remove the mushroom valve under the external cap. Otherwise if you don’t prime the system with a pre-dive pee, the increasing pressure will put the squeeze on little flymolo. The whole idea with the balanced valve is to allow you do dive with the system unprimed and discharge valve closed.

With an unbalanced system, if your cath is disconnected AND the cap is open, water will come through and you’re going to get soaked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom