P-valve question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am getting a p-valve for my drysuit in the next few weeks and I am wondering what type to get. The place I am getting the She-P from sells SI-Tech p-valves and say they can sell me that type with the she-p if I want but I am having trouble finding out if it is balanced (which I am told I should get) - the few places I have seen it listed call it a 'compensated' p-valve. Does anyone use this type of p-valve and does anybody know if it is balanced/unbalanced?

A few people I have spoken to say there is not a lot of difference between p-valves and price is the main difference so just checking if this is also the case as the SI-Tech valve seems pretty cheap in comparison to a few others I have looked at? But yea, I don't want a cheap one if it is going to mean its crappy quality or breaks easily.

Cheers!

can't help you about that one, but polly's is unbalanced & she doesn't have issues. also, if it's all the same to you & you haven't put the hole in your suit yet, consider putting it on the right - then boyshort flies will help hold your weenis in place.

you're gonna love it!

can't help you about that one, but polly's is unbalanced & she doesn't have issues. also, if it's all the same to you & you haven't put the hole in your suit yet, consider putting it on the right - then boyshort flies will help hold your weenis in place.

I have not put the hole in my suit yet :) I figured I'd wait until I got the p-valve so I can still use my drysuit in the meantime! :wink: Why is the right side better? And what are boyshort flies? Sorry, I am not sure what they all mean! :)

you're gonna love it!

I hope so! Seems like a fair bit of hassle to set up and use... However all the guys I know with p-valves say they wish they'd gotten them sooner!

I am getting a p-valve for my drysuit in the next few weeks and I am wondering what type to get. The place I am getting the She-P from sells SI-Tech p-valves and say they can sell me that type with the she-p if I want but I am having trouble finding out if it is balanced (which I am told I should get) - the few places I have seen it listed call it a 'compensated' p-valve. Does anyone use this type of p-valve and does anybody know if it is balanced/unbalanced?

A few people I have spoken to say there is not a lot of difference between p-valves and price is the main difference so just checking if this is also the case as the SI-Tech valve seems pretty cheap in comparison to a few others I have looked at? But yea, I don't want a cheap one if it is going to mean its crappy quality or breaks easily.

Cheers!

I have a SI-Tech p-valve and am almost positive it is balanced. I am assuming they only make one. My suit is in storage right now and I wont be getting it out until tomorrow the 5th. I will check then.

Let us know how the she-p works out for ya. I have been trying to talk my buddy into it but she says the thought of it seems wierd.

I have a SI-Tech p-valve and am almost positive it is balanced. I am assuming they only make one. My suit is in storage right now and I wont be getting it out until tomorrow the 5th. I will check then.

Are you happy enough with it? I figured 'compensated' in the title might indicate that it is balanced. It is pretty cheap so I guess if it does not work out for whatever reason, I can always get another one - though I try to avoid this wherever possible.

Let us know how the she-p works out for ya.

Yes sure. Aiming to have it set up within the next month before it starts to get too cold :)

I have been trying to talk my buddy into it but she says the thought of it seems wierd.

Well... she is right in that it is weird... However, there are a lot of weird things in diving I guess :rofl3:

if you wear boy undies or long undies with a fly, the fly opens toward the right. (at least here - it might be one of the things different down under, so check first - or ask a guy to see his underwear, you know he'll show you...) anyway, then you can route the tubing from the she-p (the 'weenis') out the fly and connect it to the tubing from the valve looping up & over & down out the right. since my valve's on the left, i can't use underwear to help hold the weenis in place. oh, and since my valve's on the left and i wear my computers on the left, i have to be careful manipulating my valve on deco because the computers don't like it if they drop to 21 ft. they think i'm dead, when i'm only trying to pee...

Ok I checked today and the p-valve is balanced. I have been very happy with it, although my buddy says I fondle it way to much. I tell her she is just jealous.Talked to a couple other guys today and they have Halcyon p-valves and have been happy with theirs too.

Let us know how it goes.

I have an unbalanced p-valve, but I do not use a she-pee and if I did, I would use a balanced pee-valve. Si-tech builds good stuff as do many other companies. There really is not much to them. I would make sure it has a "bolt" or some kind of shut off valve externally.

Here is one for the guys that "Ladies read no further, lest you innocence be forever compromised."

Have fun!
Mastery or Misadventure...Secrets of the Condom Catheter.

I would make sure it has a "bolt" or some kind of shut off valve externally.

The valve can be closed externally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom