Packing, Travel and Diving Tips for the SB Invasion to the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I came back from the Philippines February this year and they did not charge me the departure tax..... I don't know if it is only during particular seasons or if it was canceled, but I just wanted to share that.

Manila International Airport is often voted one of the worst in the world. It is commonly called "NAIA" (nah-ee-ah, short for Ninoy Aquino Intl Airport) and you can use that name for taxis, uber, hotel people, etc.. The old terminal, T1 or just NAIA, always charged departure tax. T2 is just for Philippine Airlines, and is pretty close to T1. I haven't flown them internationally and don't know if they are charging departure tax or not. The airport began building T3 about 12 years ago, and finally opened it after many delays two years ago IIRC. The plan was to move most international airlines to T3, and to have the departure tax included in tickets at that point, the same way it is in most airports around the world. It could be that the above ticket was now working in this manner.

Here is the best map I've seen.

Manilla-Ninoy-Aquino-MNL-Terminal-map.jpg

T2 is just for Philippine Airlines, and is pretty close to T1. I haven't flown them internationally and don't know if they are charging departure tax or not.

I just checked, my flight was from terminal 2 on Philippine Airlines. That explains it (my buddy was confused, because he was swearing that there is a tax and I was jokingly telling him that they might have scammed him :D )

I was jokingly telling him that they might have scammed him :D )
Don't let the truth ruin a good laugh! :D :D :D

T3 has been in operation for a lot more than 2yrs.
Airport tax is history unless your ticket was issued before Feb 2015.

T3 has been in operation for a lot more than 2yrs.
Airport tax is history unless your ticket was issued before Feb 2015.

Yeah, it began ops in 2008 afterall. I was thinking of full operations maybe, which was targeted in 2012-2014, so I was still off a bit on that as well.

Here is a picture of the outlets at both resorts

full

You will need a converter for your room.
- Electricity in all rooms is 220V - (most guests will need a converter, not an adapter)
Here's a link as an example of what you need. Samsonite - Converter/Adapter Kit - Red/Black
There are 120V (American Style) outlets in the camera room only.

Same as Indonesia ... this is what I've been using there ...

Amazon.com: KRIËGER Universal power strip AC 110-220-240V surge protector for computer, printers, 6 universal AC outlets KR136: Electronics

710uJtUFZDL._SL1500_.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Wow this whole converter thing is messing me up... but I am excited that they have DIN tanks, super awesome not needing to have my regs swapped over before a tropical vacation for once! :D

We learned that Cardzard and I will provide the actual vouchers for the group to give to Atlantis at check in. We know this is different then most of you are use to, but this is how Maduro handles group trips.
You should have gotten a final invoice from Maduro showing you are paid in full.

Also please remember to fill out the online diving waiver when you have a chance.
-Here's a link to the Waiver for Diving > ONLINE FORMS - Atlantis Dive Resorts & Liveaboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom