PADI Cross Over

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaMartin

Registered
Reaction score
Hello

anyone has details on how to do a cross over to PADi from Iantd. Any idea of the prices.

I'm presently

- IANTD Divemaster
- IANTD Open water Instructor
- Advanced EANX Instructor

Thanks

ScubaMartin:
Hello

anyone has details on how to do a cross over to PADi from Iantd. Any idea of the prices.

I'm presently

- IANTD Divemaster

Thanks
DM and EANx are easy just apply for them with proof of documentation. and pay the annual dues for DM, EANX is covered under your regular instructor dues)
(eanx has the pre-req of already being a PADI instructor.)
The instructor cross over is a bit more tricky. You would have to do a PADI IDC and then take the IE to complete the cross over. Price for the IDC depends on what the course director you decide to go with charges plus what material you need to buy.

I did the EANX cross over from TDI. It was easy.

ScubaMartin:
Hello

I'm presently

- IANTD Divemaster

Thanks
Why bother, just take the next course from the agency you want the card from. Makes no real difference anyway. For PADI instructor rating you have to do a complete IDC and then IE. They don't cross-over very easily

wedivebc:
Why bother, just take the next course from the agency you want the card from. Makes no real difference anyway. For PADI instructor rating you have to do a complete IDC and then IE. They don't cross-over very easily

I did a crossover to another agency so I could team teach with the instructor at a new shop when I relocated with the military.

I am currently teaching doing the AI portion of an IDC for a guy who want to cross over to PADI becuase he wants to work with our shop and we are PADI.

Funny for all the crap people give PADI for dumbing down scuba and producing lousy divers. (IMO most of the lousy divers out there are divers who don't dive enough to keep their skills up to par.) You are now giving them flack for not just rubberstamping an instructor from another agency.

When I crossed over to the other agency I was dumbfounded that all I had to do was give them my dues and pay for my instructor material and presto I could teach for them. NO and I mean NO questions asked. "you're an instructor. ok heres your material. have fun"

wedivebc:

Actually, a cross-over does not involve a full IDC. Usually it is only the OWSI portion of the IDC, which is 4 days (vs. 7, which is the full IDC).

However, you are correct that the Candiate still has to attend & pass the IE.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom