PADI Dive Master Exams Decompression Theory and the RDP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigDaveInOz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all, I'm currently studying for the Dive Master Exams and am having a bit of trouble understanding Compartments, Half Times and M Values. Although I have read both the Dive Master manual and the Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving am still having trouble understanding it. Does anyone have any pointers or other material I could look up as I am not looking for the answers to the exam but want to learn what they are all about. Thanks guys and gals.

I would suggest reading either "Deco for Divers" by Mark Powell or "Deeper into Diving " by John Lipman. Both are excellent books although many find Deeper into Diving easier to read.

Deco for Divers is very good, although there are a few typos which can cause some temporary confusion.

Hi all, I'm currently studying for the Dive Master Exams and am having a bit of trouble understanding Compartments, Half Times and M Values. Although I have read both the Dive Master manual and the Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving am still having trouble understanding it. Does anyone have any pointers or other material I could look up as I am not looking for the answers to the exam but want to learn what they are all about. Thanks guys and gals.

What specifically are you having a problem with? I suspect you could get answers to specific questions here.

A shot in the dark here; do you dive with a computer that can be downloaded? On my Suunto, when looking at the graph of the dive, you see a Pareto Chart of each compartment saturation for that particular (series of) dive. Sometimes the visualization of what happens from dive to dive helps you picture what is happening.

Thanks to all of you. you have been a great help in pointing me in the right direction. I have my exam tonight so I shall let you know how I went!!

Ask your instructor (mentor :) ) to print the 'Renovating Haldane' and 'RDP History Development' pdf from the PADI pro site.

My 2.

Hi all Thanks again I passed with a mark of 100% "Physics and Fizziology" is a great read and recommend it to all. 1 more exam, 4 open water dives and a transect to go..... Let the good times roll!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom