PADI E-Cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to take the boat diving specialty and then get the boat diving E-Card. NOT!!!! Why is it they first offer some bone headed courses like boat diver then charge an outrageous fee for you to have a card on your phone saying you passed it. Honestly if it was not free with my renewal I would not have gotten my Divemaster E-Card!

47 dollars is a good chunk of change for some virus to get on your phone and erase!

$37 or $47 is absolutely ridiculous for an electronic version of a card you already have. I noticed not long ago that they were offering replacement cards as plastic or e cards for around $30 on their website and that getting both was like $5-10 more. I'm thinking that some of the markup for an ecard in the app is to pay apple their share for letting padi publish an app take in some cash through their precious devices.

When I read this thread and went and looked and behold SSI has an app too. I downloaded it and logged in. It shows all of my certification information and pictures of the cards. It also has a sections showing hand signals, dive checklists and all kinds of diving tables. It is pretty cool.
Not for me it doesn't. All I get is "User not found in current System (data availble after 2007)"

I guess I need to wait for them to go back in their data entry another 12 years.

The cost is per card not for all your cards. If you do it from the PADI website it's $37.00 per card. I offer it to my students or anyone who wants to PM me for $30. Not saying I agree with the cost process or not just saying if someone wants to PM me I can do your eCard for a bit cheaper then direct through PADI site.

Just think of it as putting another dollar in 47 times.

I just scanned mine and downloaded them to my android. Same with my DAN membership. But then I am a cheap old basket

Who goes on vacation down in the islands and carries a phone or an iPad down to the beach or the dive center? I carry a nice lightweight, waterproof little cert card and show it to the dive op and then throw it into a pocket and forget about it.
It seems silly to me. But, whoever buys the eCard is doing so of their own free will. Can't blame PADI for selling them if people are buying them!

About the only one I would get is my Nitrox. Always seem to forget it when going for a fill. Otherwise, I'm old school - carry the plastic and use pics as back up!

I was thinking about these eCards until I saw the price for EACH of them. Forget it. :fail:

Just like my passport and other IDs (that I leave in the hotel's safe), I carry a photocopy in my wallet or the plastic cards in my log book if I have it with me. If the dive operator wants to verify the certification card, they can do it on-line. I have never had any hassles. Overall I support many of the activities and efforts of PADI. When I first saw the eCard email I thought wow, great idea. But for the price...no freakin way. :facepalm: I can just scan and pdf my certs if I really want them on my phone, I-Pad or computer.

Stupid Hurts and this promotional campaign is only going to hurt PADI IMO...just read what has been posted already. :kicknut:

~ME~

Send PADI an email telling the how crappy this is. Here is the address: 'QA@padi.com'

This email address goes to their Quality Assurance department...I think they might a very good department to voice your concerns about the ludicrousness of this promotional campaign.

~ME~

$37 or $47 is absolutely ridiculous for an electronic version of a card you already have. I noticed not long ago that they were offering replacement cards as plastic or e cards for around $30 on their website and that getting both was like $5-10 more. I'm thinking that some of the markup for an ecard in the app is to pay apple their share for letting padi publish an app take in some cash through their precious devices.

Not for me it doesn't. All I get is "User not found in current System (data availble after 2007)"

I guess I need to wait for them to go back in their data entry another 12 years.

One of the guys I work with got his cert with SSI a good number of years ago. He lost his card and needed another. They were able to find it and put him in the system again, but it took a little time and work on their part. His was part of the certs that never made it to electronic version. It was still in a file folder somewhere. You can try that route.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom