PADI Enriched Air Course Now Online.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's outrageous!

PADI wants $195 for the eLearning course and you don't even get the manual and DVD. Assuming the instructors still charge $75 for their portion, the total cost will be $270.

Around here the course is $75 and the crewpack (manual, DVD and dive planners) cost about $60. I forget whether I had to buy some extra dive planners - I don't think so....

So, the new and improved version is about $270 and the old, do-it-yourself-anyway program is $135. eLearning costs twice as much and you don't even get the book and DVD.

Nonsense!

Richard

Last edited:
I strongly recommend TDI's certification for basic nitox. Less verbose and to the point. Also, PADI is too conservative IMO (1.4 PPO)...

And check this..... https://www.padi.com/elearning-scuba-registration/html/MoreInfo1.htm

What does it cost?
The PADI Open Water Diver Course online is $120 (US) nonrefundable. The fee covers your knowledge development training and gives you unlimited access to an electronic version of the PADI Open Water Diver Manual (course textbook). Your PADI Dive Center or Resort will charge an additional fee for the inwater portion of your certification. You will also need to purchase a mask, snorkel, pair of fins, and other personal dive equipment. Your PADI Dive Center or Resort will guide you through this process and may suggest additional equipment along with the required purchase of a Recreational Dive Planner (Table or eRDP version) and a log book.

So to take the course online is $120 and you still have to pay for the crew pack AND you have to pay an instructor. In this economy? They have to be narc'd.

If it is the same as the open water course one has unlimited access to the manual and dvd.
As a dive centre I have just had my first online open water course student,what I have to provide/sell them is "an open water enhancement pack"
Probably the same is for the online nitrox course whereby the student purchases the ead table and the two nitrox rdp,s from the dive centre.
In principle the elearning is a good idea but personally for me as an instructor I feel it lacks the personal touch.
My student lives overseas so has yet to arrive,when they do they still have to do a pre quiz quiz to assertain they personally did the knowledge reviews online.

And check this..... https://www.padi.com/elearning-scuba-registration/html/MoreInfo1.htm

What does it cost?
The PADI Open Water Diver Course online is $120 (US) nonrefundable. The fee covers your knowledge development training and gives you unlimited access to an electronic version of the PADI Open Water Diver Manual (course textbook). Your PADI Dive Center or Resort will charge an additional fee for the inwater portion of your certification. You will also need to purchase a mask, snorkel, pair of fins, and other personal dive equipment. Your PADI Dive Center or Resort will guide you through this process and may suggest additional equipment along with the required purchase of a Recreational Dive Planner (Table or eRDP version) and a log book.

So to take the course online is $120 and you still have to pay for the crew pack AND you have to pay an instructor. In this economy? They have to be narc'd.

Where does it say you need to buy a crewpack?? Student only required to purchase a ow training log book and rdp..any of PADI online courses cost $120. to buy a crewpack and video dvd cost about $95. So for a little $25. difference the student can get the convience of online training with the instant gratification it offers. May not be for everyone,but for those that can use it properly,it works.Of course you still pay for the instructor,what do you expect for $120?? Instructor still has to administer "quick review" quiz and complete confined water skills and ow training dives.As to the remark about "in this economy", sorry but if you cannot afford to pay for an entry level ow course why even think about learning to dive??Any idea how much it costs to actually go diving? The instructor is teaching a course because it may be their passion,but also a job,where they should be PAID for their time.It cost the instructor ALOT to get where they are and it cost ALOT to maintain their ratings.Why do people think they should give their efforts away for so little or nothing?Concerned about the costs??Don't dive,take up tennis or something else.

In this economy? They have to be narc'd.

Many, many people can and do, pay for convenience. Which is just what eLearning is. It's not touted as a cheaper alternative.

We get eLearners every month. Busy people who have no issues paying more to better work this into their busy schedules on their terms.

Not everyone in this economy is having trouble. Plenty of folks out there who barely notice there is an economic issue.

Phil - I guess you're going to pay your Instructors from what you recover from PADI then....it is a rather low cost billable course.

Have you seen the new course yet, the computer focused rather than table? I wonder how that's going to work for eLearning. What if the student doesn't own a computer? I'm assuming there will be a simulator online, like the eRDPml program....?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom