PADI Enriched Air Diver time commitment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cowprintrabbit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Currently looking at PADI eLearning Enriched Air Diver, so we'd be able to complete the instructor part on vacation in Grenada next month. (Yes, I checked with the resort.)

The syllabus says 12-15 hours of coursework, but I'm seeing in other threads that it's only a couple of hours of material. Has anyone taken it lately (or does anyone teach it?)

DH is in IT and works 70-odd hours a week. I work from home but have recently doubled my workload so we REALLY don't want to pay for something we don't have time to complete. We leave August 11.

If it's anything like the SDI Nitrox class with online learning, I spent maybe 3 hours on the e-learning and then 2-3 hours in a classroom one evening. That was it.

12-15 hours?

My son did it last week: 2-3 hours studying the material and the day after a couple hours in the classroom with the instructor and the questionnaire.

I did my Padi course in about 2 hrs classroom time. Reading the book might cut a bit of time off but really there is not too much to the course (especially if fairly basic maths isn't a problem to you).

If you know how the RDP table works, you basically just get some modified ones which work the same...

So if you can, read the book/ELearning, go through the tables and you'll easily get it done in a couple hours...

IT and 70 hours a week?? Who does he work for (so I know never to go work there :p)

My EAN classes are consistent with the other responses here: a total of 4 to 6 hours with my students, and they typically do no prep work prior to the class. Combination of time you spend reading on your own, or taking the online version, plus classroom time with an instructor will probably be in that range.

If you read the student manual, do the knowledge reviews, there shouldn't be much more time wise than showing up to class, analyzing a couple of tanks and taking the multiple choice final. Before we went to Palau last year, I told all our friends joining us they had to be nitrox certified, and that was pretty much all it took. One friend's wife had to get nitrox certified, he's an old school tech diver, and he read the student book before she did and said he was impressed it was actually a pretty decent class / book

Watched the video (~35 min), an hour and a half in the classroom with my instructor, and a couple of dives (which I did at the end of my Open Water dives). Just depends on the instructor.

In the old days PADI Enriched Air Diver required two dives as part of the course. But that was history.
12 - 15 hrs of course work? Really? The manual is thin and the calculation is NOT that difficult.

Back
Top Bottom