PADI Oxygen Provider Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dadali

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Got a question regarding PADI's Oxygen provider course and I appreciate in advance for all who read and replied to my question.

I took my PADI Oxygen Provider course about 2 yrs ago. I know that I need to keep myself updated and retake my First Aid course, but do I need to get recertified every 2 yrs with PADI's Oxygen Provider course?

Depends on why you took the courses and why you're considering retaking the First Aid course.

The DAN O2 course recommends a refresher every 2 years. The PADI course is essentially the same as the DAN course.

Some dive employers require their employees stay current in both courses.
But as a diver there is probably no requirement to stay current in either.

Still, more first aid and emergency training, including refreshers, should be useful for all divers.

I don;t have either but my red cross O2 for the professional rescuer needs refresher every year. CPR/AED 2 years, First aid 3 years. Alot of changes seem to be taking place in the O2 and CPR /AED courses as more research is done. While it may not be required it is a good idea to keep up on these.

The reason I am retaking (reconsidering) to take the course is because I am getting certified as a SSI Dive Con, and they want a copy of my O2 and First Aid cards. I remember my First Aid instructor told me to take a refresher every 2 yrs but am not sure if I had to (MUST) retake the PADI's Oxygen Provider course. Just wanted to be sure.

I'm curious as to what changes there would be to O2 administration. ?? Handling the equipment doesn't change, is there research saying O2 should be delivered at different rate? Just curious.

I'd say give them what you have and let them decide what what they want you to do from there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom