PADI Patches - Where do you get them and how do you wear them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gcbryan:
If anyone from NJ reads this I'm sure you will get some help:)
Ummm..... no

Get some coveralls and sew patches aLL over it. You will be stared at, not respected. I think they are called "ego jackets."

Phestr:
I have five specialties and AOW under my belt, and I just bought the Rescue Crewpack. Inside was an embroidered patch. It is very cool, but when I asked the guy at the counter if there were any others, or where I could get them, I just got a blank look. So, where does one get these? Do they come from PADI? If you display them, on what? Jackets, divelogs, dive bags?
If I recall correctly,

the main certifications go on the right (chest/arm) and the specialties go on the left (chest/arm). You should get one of those 'surface interval' jackets (fleece inside, and water resistant outside) and sew them on. If you get a long jacket (knee height), you can put pretty much everything on there the industry has to offer.

I do not have any specialties, so when you have this all done, can you post a picture?

rigdiver:
Get some coveralls and sew patches aLL over it. You will be stared at, not respected. I think they are called "ego jackets."

Yep everyone says that those who wear badges are usually horrible divers - wow what a statement, sounds like jokes about blonds. I'm still waiting to see a diver wear one. So far I have only seen divers without badges. Of those some were loud, some were quiet and the percentage of poor divers seems even across the board.

-s

Gilless:
If patches are so evil and since you are a course director and have substantial input - I would like to know if you are lobbying PADI to do away with these dreaded badges of horror?

You didn't look closely enough.

Certification Agencies: NAUI YMCA IANTD

Personally, I like for folks who are impressed by patches to wear them proudly where they are easy to see.

Walter:
Personally, I like for folks who are impressed by patches to wear them proudly where they are easy to see.

Right. :wink:

Walter:
You didn't look closely enough.

Certification Agencies: NAUI YMCA IANTD

Excellent catch Walter - yep I missed it (drat :D ) I will edit that post

Cheers

-s

Back
Top Bottom