PADI promotion of dive computers specialties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats but REALLY!!!! Call me dense, but I don't get it!!

Oceanic and Aeris Dive Computer Distinctive Specialty Course Promotion

PADI Instructors teaching for Oceanic/Aeris dealers can now use the 14 approved PADI standardized distinctive specialty courses covering Oceanic and Aeris dive computers.

For the next two months (May and June 2011), instructors can apply to become instructors for five different Oceanic/Aeris distinctive specialty courses for the price of four (a savings of $67 US).

DiveNav has a Great program/tool for learning about your computer (which is free through Oceanic when you buy their computers)! Any good, quality instructor is going to incorporate how to use the computer during class. What instructor or shop (learning computer is part of the purchase/class) is going to charge extra for this? Who is going to pay to take a "Distictive Specialty" Class just on computers? What PADI Instructor is going to pay to qualify to teach this class?

I am a PADI Instructor and an Oceanic Dealer but I could never charge someone for this specialty in a million years!

........ DiveNav has a Great program/tool for learning about your computer .....
thank you :wink:

........ Any good, quality instructor is going to incorporate how to use the computer during class. .....
I really hope so

........ Who is going to pay to take a "Distictive Specialty" Class just on computers? .....
The Distinctive Specialty includes an open water dive with the Instructor during which the student has to perform some exercises to demonstrate proper use of the dive computer. Some people are willing to pay for proper training .... others not.
Some dive stores will give this dive away for free with purchase of dive computers ... others not.

Some dive stores will integrate this specialty with OW certification ... other not.

Some dive stores even give away the full OW certification class for free if students buy full set of gear ... others not.

Are you coming out with a specialty on how to use my Uwatec bottom timer? :)

What exercises can I perform? I want to be able to demonstrate it proper use. I want to practice before I take the distinctive specialty.

Just kidding.

-Mitch

Are you coming out with a specialty on how to use my Uwatec bottom timer? :).....
If someone pays me to do it .... sure :wink:

Just kidding

Congrats! I loved your program, by the way!

Back
Top Bottom