Padi Questions!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

v4nity

Contributor
Reaction score
Im sure ihave posted this before, or someone else has, but the padi site isnt working, and i wanna know!

if i want to lead tours at resorts what level of certification would i need?
on padi it goes, open water, AOWD, RD, dive master, OPEN WATER SCUBA INSTRUCTOR!!

is this all you require to teach open water diving, in say resorts..

thanks for your help!

basically... i think AOW is not required

make sure you give yourself time between Rescue and DM to get your skills
in order. you'll be thankful for it later.

Not wokring eh? Interesting....
Anyway, If you want to lead tours then you need to have the Divemaster certification, the first professional rating you can get from PADI. After that it's all about teaching.

ok, so ihave to get dive master, then the OWD Instructor and i can teach it?
i dont want to rush too much, i want to have a lot of dives under my belt so i really know what i am doing.. i never want to panic on a dive where i am in charge..

how long do you think it would take to be able to work in a resort as a diver?? certified i mean..

v4nity:
i never want to panic on a dive where i am in charge..
It's best to save the panicking for dives when someone else is in charge...

Most resorts will want you to be a OWSI (Instructor) so you can do multiple things...that being said probably at least a year from not certified to OWSI, if you get the dives, can do the skills, and master the skills.

You have to do the AOW to get to Rescue (btw).

The most important thing you're going to need to do before you become a pro is to DIVE! A LOT!!

You'll need 100 dives and be certified for at least 6 months before you can sit the IE and that's not nearly enough dives or time to be proficient.

If the word 'panic' is in your vocabulary as it relates to yourself, you need to not even think about pro status.

Rachel

You're pretty keen, hey? How do you know you want to be an instructor if you haven't even been a student yet? Just curious...

biscuit7:
You have to do the AOW to get to Rescue (btw).

yeah, i just checked. you do now.

when i took it, it wasn't required

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom