Padi Rescue Diver Training?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arcticcat

Reaction score
Would having just 25 dives worth of experence be a little to early to do the rescue diver course? Would we gain more benifit by doing it later?

If you are comfortable in the water and handling dive gear, go for it. Diving skills are not that important for that course.

It is very little diving and much more thinking about situations and surface/out of water work. IMHO, you would be doing yourself and all your dive buddies a service by doing it sooner instead of later.

By all means, take the rescue class. It is the best class in scuba, aside from open water. I wish every diver in the water was at least rescue. I usually don't charge students more than my cost to certify as rescue do to the benefits the dive community receives from having more rescue divers.

The rescue class is always a good idea for any diver. The MFA part is a good idea for anyone and has nothing to do with diving (although a LDS might highlight on what's pertinant to diving). You will probably feel more comfortable in the water after the class just knowing that you can and have already demonstrated the ability to handle emergency / panic situations. Go for it!:D

I don't think 25 dives is too few for the Rescue class. If you are a good swimmer and have good instincts you shouldn't have a problem. It's a great class with a lot of good information. Be ready to get a workout! I really enjoyed mine and I got a lot out of it. Granted I had more than 25 dives but I don't think that I would have gotten more or less out of the class as a result. I did better than the rest in my class and they were less experienced but the still performed well enough to pass it with flying colors.

Scott

PADI Rescue marks your graduation from guppy to real diver, IMHO. That's not to say that a PADI AOE with 100 divers isn't a diver, but pretty close. 25 dives is a maybe for sufficient to take the course, depends upon your skill and comfort level. You decide, but you'll never regret it.

The rescue diver course is a great course and I have found that it is also a confidence builder for any level diver...Go for it!!

Take the course now, not only will it benefit you by giving you self rescue skills, but it will benefit anyone who dives with you as well.

Dive Safe …………Arduous

you getting the idea articcat?

I'm with the rest never too early for this course - it's a good course and with the right instructor and atmosphere can be a real blast.....

Jonathan

Go for it!

Not only is this one was the of most favourite course I took, it is also the course I now have the most fun with.

I believe that the Rescue course from PADI(or any other's agency's equivalent)should be considered as a "must" for any serious diver.

It will provide you the knowledge of how to really help a fellow diver out of a situation. From a simple awareness of how the divers around you are conducting themselves (potentially indicating of something that might go wrong) to participating in an actual "rescue".

If you want the skill set, go for it. You won't regret it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom