Padi Rescue Diver Training?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another vote with the rest of the gang...for the same reasons. My rescue course was the best one I've taken to date. At the end of the course there was no question....we earned that little piece of plastic!

go for it...you'll never be sorry.

I'm convinced... signed up two days ago. The manual actually has information in it that I hadn't considered before. Hopefully will be a lot more pleasant experience that the AOW waste of time.

Mike

The Rescue class is by far the best course I have taken and one I think all divers should take for themselves and for their buddies. I hightly recommend it. Having said that, I am not convinced that simply having done 25 dives is enough for a lot of divers. For you, maybe it is or maybe it's not-- only you and your instructor can make that call. While having great diving skills is not really necessary, having confidence in yourself and your equipment is. Could you handle a 200 lb guy ripping off your mask, pulling your reg out of your mouth and shoving you underwater? My instructor believed in realistic simulated panicked divers. (by buddy only got away with it once, I learned) I am not trying to convince you not to take the course, far from it, but unless you are very comfortable in the water, a little more experience might be a good thing.

by all means go for it.. it well help build confodence in yourself. and you well find that you well enjoy your diving that much more. :yellow:

Arcticcat,

If you are interested (and have MS Word) you can download the PADI Rescue Diver Knowledge Review Questions (not the answers) from my wesite.

My instructor wanted us to turn in the end-of-chapter questions. I don't like tearing pages out of books, so I typed up the questions in Word instead.

Click on my website below, and follow the "Dive Docs" link to the questions.

Originally posted by Stone
Arcticcat,

If you are interested (and have MS Word) you can download the PADI Rescue Diver Knowledge Review Questions (not the answers) from my wesite.

My instructor wanted us to turn in the end-of-chapter questions. I don't like tearing pages out of books, so I typed up the questions in Word instead.

Click on my website below, and follow the "Dive Docs" link to the questions.

Stone - I've done exactly the same thing for all the courses I've taken. From OW, AOW, all the specialties and my DM. Like you I'm willing to share the questions (but not the answers) to any of the courses. So if there's intrest in them, send a PM to co-ord

Best course to take to learn underwater skills: cavern or cave.

Best course to take to learn abovewater skills: rescue.

You need to be somewhat advanced to take cavern. You don't need much to take rescue.

- Warren

I did SSI Rescue after about 20 dives post OW, and it was an excellent course. Many tell you about how strenuous it is, and it is, but don't let that psych you out. On the other hand, if you're in good aerobic shape, it sure won't hurt! The other story everyone likes to tell about Rescue is the panicked diver drill. Indeed it is the goal of the "victim" to try their best to grab some of your equipment, and you have to get yourself away from them in that situation. For me, that was actually the most useful part of the class, because you'll learn what to do to look out for your own safety around a panicing diver (as well as how to keep them from harming themselves).

-Simon

It's always fun to leap through the air onto the poor rescue student who forgets to approach me the right way. Usually it only happens once per class, and the other students make a note of it. It wouldn't be much fun DMing that class if the students always did it the right way!

- Warren

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom