PADI & RNLI Diver Sea Survival Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is a Distinctive Specialty, taught by an individual instructor, not by a shop. The instructor has to get the training materials from the RNLI, send in an application to PADI to get certified to teach the course, pay a fee, and only then can he/she teach it. Yes, it might be done through a shop, but it is not the shop that is certified to teach it, it is the instructor.

So you need to find some nearby instructor you'd like to have teach the course to you, show them the links, and see if they want to get certified to teach the class.

Ok then, to follow up...any instructors in my area want to teach this? You’ve got 2 students right here!

Here is the Course Guide....both so you can see if you want to take it, and an instructor can see if they want to teach it.

The course resource page is Scuba Diving | RNLI Respect the Water.

Attachments

• final-ver-rnli-diver-uk-sea-survival-specialty-course.pdf
    86.1 KB · Views: 290
Here is the Course Guide....both so you can see if you want to take it, and an instructor can see if they want to teach it.

The course resource page is Scuba Diving | RNLI Respect the Water.

If I'm not missing something significant, this describes the majority of my dive planning in Canada and covers the various contingencies we need.

@Dogbowl I'll put a tentive offer out if you find yourself stuck. If there a significant shortage in instructor options I'd be willing to work out the training for you. I'm 1300km north of you normally but come south occasionally in the summer.

I'd recommend any of the well established expedition style divers who are instructors along the Canadian coasts would be well qualified to teach this course based on the guide.

Perhaps @abnfrog particularly?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom