Palau accommodation and dive operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would recommend West Plaza Desekel if Makakal is full....

I have stayed at the West Plaza Desekel and Downtown locations. Both were clean places, reasonably priced and you can walk to many of the local Koror restaurants although Kramers (as a previous poster mentioned) which by far the best place to chill and eat, is a short taxi ride away. Koror is not a big place. Taxi's are easily acquired if you need to go someplace too far to walk. The dive shop you use will either provide a pick up or you can arrange for a taxi from the hotel. I used NECO MARINE and they provided r/t transport. The only problem with West Plaza is the TV. 2 channels. One a religious channel, the other a public service channel. Now, I know you are not going to Palau for the TV but if you have to kill some time waiting for your ride to the airport or if you enjoy looking at CNN before you nod off after a day of great dives the West Plaza chain is not for you! If you don't want to splash out on a top of the line place and 2 or 3 star places are OK, check out Lehns Motel. Cheaper and with full cable. A little off the main road but with the money you save on the daily rates, you can taxi it to wherever. Really nice people also.

Stay at Lehn's. Cheap with a great staff. I had a blast there. Definitely Fish-n-Fins for diving and Bem Ermii's for burgers! You must got the The Taj and have "chicken-on-a-sword-on-fire"!!!

Thanks again for all the advice. Is the Guest Lodge not a good option then? I guess I could stay a couple of days then move if it's not good? I'll look into Lehn's motel.

I can have a free stopover in Yap or Guam. Can anyone recommend which is the best one to do 3 days diving?

I just booked a visit to Palau. Because of the cost and time of getting there, and my desire to dive lots (I'll be traveling without wife, who is not so brain-addled about diving), I decided to do a liveaboard and dive 5 times per day instead of land-based and dive 2 or maybe 3 times per day with lots of bouncy fast boat rides.

I just returned from 3 weeks in Palau (full review to follow shortly); trip of a lifetime. I dived with Fish n Fins. One week land, one week Ocean Hunter and then final week land, staying at Palau Pacific Resort.
Let me say that Fish n Fins (FNF) are extraordinarily professional and more reasonably priced than many other dive operators (eg Sam's). They are safety conscious and attentive to all diver's needs and would bend over backward to ensure that all divers received the type of experience they were looking for. They can also help with reservations based upon budget too (Charito is wonderful).
As to the earlier question "...are they 7th day adventists?", the answer is easy HELL NO. Navot and Tovah Bornovski are Israeli's who've been in Palau for some 18 years and know the region, the people, the ocean and the diving superbly. Their priorities are contributing to Palau, customer care and it shows.
If you dive with them, you're assured of a wonderful time.
Have a great trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom