Palau German Channel video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great video! What setup are you using? Flat lens? Color filter? Mount?

If that is already in a thread, you can just link it. I tried to look around for your info but couldn't find if it was posted or not.

Hi TXreefer,
thanks a lot for your comments. With all the stuff on this board about high definition, I'm almost embarassed to own up to the fact that I'm still using a 6-year old standard definition system! Since you ask, here goes: USVH housing (all electronic controls, great simple housing with no penetrating controls, but when the owner of the business retired, USVH closed down too), UR-pro red filter for all shots, Sony 0.7x wide angle lens inside the housing directly on the front of the camera, a couple of mm away from the inside of the flat port, which is made out of perspex. Camera - Sony PDX 10P, 3-chip miniDV, which first hit the market in 2004 I think. The pixel density is so low (compared with my Sony HC9, e.g., which has just one 1/3" sensor for the many more pixels required for HD) that it's possible to white balance manually even at around 30m/100 ft (in the tropics at least). The clip you saw was taken at around 20m, about 7-7.30 am. I re-white balance every couple of metres or so, as I find that if I get the colours right in the camera it's usually better than any grading I might be tempted to do with Vegas afterwards. If the Sony NEX5n turns out to be good for video underwater then maybe I'll bite the HD bullet...
Matthew

Ohhhh! For some reason I had it in my mind you were using a GoPro Hero2. I want to get one and was looking through all the latest threads. I Must have gotten confused! None the less great video!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom