Palau - Sea Passion Hotel? Anyone been there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dtreid

Registered
Reaction score
I am planning on putting together a group trip to Palau and this is the recommended hotel, I hear it is new; can find very little on it. Has anyone seen it, stayed there, etc?

Also, is there a better time of the year to see Mantas in GErman Channel, Have heard Feb there is more spawning activity on the reefs and they seem to come then; but then I have heard conflicting stories.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Terry

We just stayed at Sea Passions hotel a couple of weeks ago. We had a great experience there. It is quite new and the rooms are well outfitted and very comfortable. When we head back to Palau we will definitely be staying there again. It is a relatively short walk from there to Sam's Tours or to Kramers (restaurant).
I don't know all the info on the Manta's but they were there a couple of weeks ago.

I recently took a group of 8 to Palau and we also stayed at Sea Passion. Bit nervous at first since there wasn't a lot of info on them but it all turned out great. I have been to Palau quite a few times and always stayed at another resort. Sea Passion has nice, rather large rooms and comfortable. They have a beach and pool but we were diving all the time so didnt really get to use them. Food at was just OK that is something they need to work on but there are plenty of other places to eat nearby. We were diving with Sam's and Sea Passion is pretty much next door to them. We had a great time there!

From my experience the first part of the year is best time to see the mantas at GC. Also in Feb the Moorish Idles are on the reefs by the thousands so by my experience a great time to go.

I'll have to check on the Sea Passion hotel. I usually stay at the West Plaza Malakal a few block from Sams.

The Manta season is October and November when they are Mating but the weather can be dicey....This last March was the firsttime I did not see any but I I did not go up to Devil Fish city.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom