Palm Beach Dive Shop Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be staying in West Palm 2/11-2/15 and I'd like to dive every day. Does anyone have a recommendation for a dive shop to book through? I was impressed by Jim Abernethy's website, but would like to hear reviews from people who know the area.

Thanks.

Tom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are si many good shops in north Palm Beach county. JASA is great. Other good operators are Narcosis, Walkers, Sandy's Sunday, Scuba Club (one of the few with a Friday afternoon two tank dive). In Jupiter you'll find Jupiter Dive Center.

I dive with JDC the most, JASA when JDC is full and Scuba Club on Friday afternoon if I can scoot from work early. But I've used the other and they are all good.

Scuba Works and Kyalami are no longer exclusive, but still have a very healthy relationship. I know Force-E also books Kyalami and Scuba Works now books more boats than they used to.

Capt Sl8tr of Kyalami is my favorite boat by far. Find out which day he might be going to Tunnels, plenty of sharks there. Or do a lazy sunday and enjoy the catered food cruising up the intracoastal on the way back to dock.

For BHB, I often do the night dive and then a dive the following morning as the high tides are roughly 12 hours apart. Then youi see it both ways, dark and daylight and usually very few people for the sunrise/early morning dive.

For a buddy, go to the Blue Heron Bridge Trolls thread and post there. Many of the bridge regulars would show you around if they are available.

Or, get with scubajenny

If you are interested in a buddy/guide for the bridge, I am here!

Vis is dependent on the weather, not the time of year. One day we could have 40ft of blue water and the next 5ft of green because the weather changed or it rained. Water temps in February range from the high 60s to the low 70s.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom