Panasonic GF-1 in Seatool Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it is appropriate to ask, How much was it?
Did you order it directly from Seatool?

How are all conrols working including the wheel?

I have not had a chance to try the housing out yet. Hopefully this week.

The housings can be purchased from UWDigitalcamera.com in Japan and Reef Photo in the U.S. I ordered a number of accessories with the housing and don't remember the price breakdown of each part, but you can get prices from the uwdigitalcamera website or by calling reef photo.

There are probably European sources as well.

Thanks for the pics! The housing looks very nice and very compact...

Seatool housing with dome port

Is the dome you show in the pictures for the 14-45mm? It looks very small for the 7-14mm?

I don't think the housing could be any smaller. Although a bit of a tight fit, it could actually be used on the same ULCS TR-D tray that holds the Canon housing.

Yes, that is the 7-14 dome. I wanted to show the housing with the largest port for comparison purposes.

The 14-45 is a flat port, which is one of the things I like about the Seatool over the 10bar. Both of the 10bar zoom lens ports are domed or semi domed. I am hoping to be able to use the 14-45 as a "semi-macro" until I can afford to add the 45mm macro lens and port. I don't know how well it will work out, but I don't think it would be possible at all in a 10bar semi-dome.

I worry a bit that the 7-14 Seatool dome may be a bit small for best results. I guess I will find out soon. There again, I might want to replace it in the future with the 8mm fisheye and a dome port.

Thanks jd950,

On the seatool website they have the following dome port, I thought this was the port for the 7-14mm? It's a lot bigger than yours...

gf1_05.jpg

I also saw your post about the release of the 8mm panasonic fisheye lens. Decisions decisions...

I think it is just the angle of view. Probably taken fairly close with a wide angle lens, accentuating the dome??? Either that or the picture from the Seatool website is of a pre-production model and the actual production dome is smaller.

I was a bit surprised at how compact the dome port was when I first saw it. I picked up the box and thought it was mis-marked when it had a dome port label on it. At the moment, the only Seatool ports for this housing are two flat ports, for the 45mm macro and 14-45 zoom, and one dome port, for the 7-14.

I suspect they will have a dome for the 8mm fisheye by the end of the year or so, but for now, only one dome port. Truly.

haha, thanks I believe you now :)

I'm really impressed at the compact size of this housing and dome port. Thanks for the info! Can't wait to see your pics!

Could I ask where you were able to get the GF1 housing and port and how much they cost? Also, is the housing made of platic or metal? If it's metal, is it heavy? I've looked at the 10Bar housings and they are metal, but very heavy.

You can purchase it from UWdigitalcamera.com in Japan and from Reef Photo. I think Divervision in Taiwan (?) also sells them and probably other dealers in Asia and Europe. It would be best to get the prices from whomever you would buy from, due to currency fluctuations, which ports and accessories you want, accessories, etc.

It is an aluminum housing so compared to a plastic housing it is heavy. I suspect it is very similar in weight to the 10bar housing. I think you can get the actual weight from the Seatool website, although you would have to translate the page if you don't read Japanese.

Back
Top Bottom