Panasonic Lumix LX-1 or Olympus SP350??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maay

New
Reaction score
hi,

i am quite new to this... been diving for many years, but havent get my UWDC yet... any idea is there any underwater digital housing for Panasonic LX1? i am struggling to decide which to get, SP350+additional wide angle lens or Panasonic LX1?

amaze by the wide angle function of LX1 and there are plenty of rooms for me to play around for the camera...

really appreciate any advice for you guys...

thank you very much...

maay

maay:
hi,

i am quite new to this... been diving for many years, but havent get my UWDC yet... any idea is there any underwater digital housing for Panasonic LX1? i am struggling to decide which to get, SP350+additional wide angle lens or Panasonic LX1?

amaze by the wide angle function of LX1 and there are plenty of rooms for me to play around for the camera...

really appreciate any advice for you guys...

thank you very much...

maay

Get both, the wide 28mm Panasonic for wideangles and the SP-350 for the macros, tough to get both features unless you get a Olympus C-8080. The Panasonic does not have a hotshoe, which is a negative, plus unsure about a housing. In order for the Panasonic to be a useful wideangle it will need a dome port. Good Luck

Is there a housing available for the LX-1?

If you want a 28mm camera, get a Canon S80. It is way, way better on noise than the LX-1. Also if you get the Canon or Ikelite housing, both will let you add wide angle lenses. 28mm is better than 38 underwater, but unless you have a dome port, the 28mm won't be that wide.

Back
Top Bottom