Panay Island, Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Babydamulag

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Our group of divers have started the recon of the area around Mararison and Batbatan Islands. We are looking for dive sites for for our clients. The effort is focused on dive sites for "experienced" divers and the "novice" as well. Our search has led us to believe the possibility that vessels frequented the area over the last several centuries. Our email/internet search has led to several archives. We are looking for anyone that might be able to assist us in our search efforts.

www.panayexplorers.com

Do you mean Maralison? Ask some of the shops on Boracay. (Fisheye, Aquarius, Victory, Calypso) They go down the west side of Panay on day trips. I've been on most of that coast from Nogas, Anani'i, up to Maniguin. The north and east sides of Panay don't have as good vis in my experience. Except maybe south Guimaras. I always wanted to try Piedra Blanca, due east of Anani'i about 25 miles out I believe. It looks awesome, definitely advanced....the fishermen say it's a very active spot.

Spend for my ticket to boracay and I'll come down and help you all you want. :wink:

We are looking for charts of the area that can be purchased in the PI. We are using our hand-held sonar to chart the area but it is a slow process.

try the local universities if you haven't already. UP Visayas should have some maps, no? How about Siliman?

chip104:
try the local universities if you haven't already. UP Visayas should have some maps, no? How about Siliman?

siliman would defintely have some. try dept of fisheries and aquatic resources

I need "known" chart resellers...not guesses. We are serious about getting charts. We'll try HANK49's suggestion in Boracay. Thanks.

We're use to it...thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom