Panay Island, Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Babydamulag:
I need "known" chart resellers...not guesses. We are serious about getting charts. We'll try HANK49's suggestion in Boracay. Thanks.
UP Visayas has an oceanography vessel that is capable of mapping out the topography. My GUESS is that they should have maps since to maintain this ship they need to use it occassionally (and since they're located in Ilo Ilo no better place to map than Panay itself). But I also GUESS that you'll have to pay for their charts. My SUGGESTION is for you to ask them to find out (phone na lang). If you have the money, I would SUGGEST you buy them to save some trouble from doing it alone (but it would be an adventure to do it yourself).

malinow ba? :)

Thanks...now that is HELPUL! No kidding on an adventure!!! We have started using GPS and sonar...whew....what a job that is! You know what I mean when I say "guess" vs "suggestions". Thanks a bunch. I did not think of that. Always keep 50 bar.

There are MORBAI stores which you can buy maps from for just about any area in the Philippines. I am sure if you are interested in the Panay area the have detailed maps. If you run onto any good areas and willing to elaborate on them please let me know. Also if there are any wrecks out there that are older and more historic than the Sulpicio ships please let me know.

Here is a PDF file about some Galeons that shipwrecked in the Philippines. I am sure there are more. If anyone knows thte exact coordinates to these and the depths please post it.

UNDERWATER TREASURES --- Wow, we found some underwater treasures....the underwater marine life in the Culasi area is one huge underwater treasure. Check it out.
We found charts for the area. I am using sonar to verify the data. We'll be back there in December.
www.panayexplorers.com

cebudiver:
Here is a PDF file about some Galeons that shipwrecked in the Philippines. I am sure there are more. If anyone knows thte exact coordinates to these and the depths please post it.

cool, have any attempts to find these wrecks suceeded? if i am not mistaken their were several galleons found near palawan? been trying to get the coordinates as well

Babydamulag:
Our search has led us to believe the possibility that vessels frequented the area over the last several centuries. Our email/internet search has led to several archives. We are looking for anyone that might be able to assist us in our search efforts.

you are not the only one, well not specifically just a part of it, check out the site www.1421.tv

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom