Panhandle Sub Group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SouthEast US:
- - - - - - - - - -
------------
Deep Dixie: (Inland sites such as Lakes and Quaries in Alabama, Southern Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North & South Carolina, Tennessee)
-------------
Florida:
Sub Forms
Florida East Coast: (from Jacksonville to Miami)
Florida Keys: (Largo to Key West)
Florida West Coast: (from Marco Island to Tallahasee.for panhandle look under Northen Gulf)
Florida Cave Cournty: (Caves and caverns of Fl. ect...)
-------------
Northern Gulf Coast: (Coastal areas of Alabama, Mississippi. Lousiana and the Florida Panhandle)
------------
South Atlantic Seaboard:(Costal areas of Georga, North and South Carolina Virginia ect..)

I think this sounds GREAT.... and easy to navigate through.

I understand the pressure to keep FL seperate because of the heavy traffic. I still feel it should be in the SE US.

I think algulfdiver hit the nail on the head.

So here we have the decision.

The Florida Panhandle and Alabama have been added to Deep Dixie Divers with a re-direct in the Florida Conch Divers Forum to send them here!

Thanks to everyone who gave us input. You can be sure we listened to it all and after due consideration, implemented what we thought was best for our current as well as future members of :sblogo:.

What about the "Excluding Florida" on the South Eastern United States forum? It's still a little misleading.

Other than that I'm happy with what was done - great job staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I changed the descriptor to "The South will dive again! Includes most states south of the Mason/Dixon line except the peninsula of Florida."

Most excellent solution - for some reason I couldn't remember the word peninsula when trying to descibe the pan of Florida vs the handle. I guess the "sometimers" disease is progressing :D.

Are there any other Southern States that should be aggregated in any of the three groups in the Southeastern USA forum?

Deep Dixie Divers Alabama, Southern Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Tennessee and the Panhandle of Florida.
Mid-Atlantic Bottom Feeders Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia
NC Wreck Divers NC of course

It looks awesome to me. Thanks so much for taking the time and making the effort. Two thumbs up from me!:cheers:

Are there any other Southern States that should be aggregated in any of the three groups in the Southeastern USA forum?

Deep Dixie Divers Alabama, Southern Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Tennessee and the Panhandle of Florida.
Mid-Atlantic Bottom Feeders Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia
NC Wreck Divers NC of course

On a side note.... I was never sure why Kentucky wasn't part of Deep Dixie?

(They are part of http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/central-united-states/)

just curious.... and I dont' reccomend that we try to "change/fix" it from here. (If they want to move, that's their decision and they can breach that subject/thread in their own forum. they don't need our help.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom