Papau New Guinea dive op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pillpusher

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking into a trip to PNG late this year, but I (well, mostly my non-diving wife) have a few requirements for a resort. Air conditioning, tv, and wifi. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

---------- Post added April 11th, 2015 at 07:59 PM ----------

After still not finding a single place, I'm guessing I have set the bar too high... Personally, I can do without TV. But air con and in room wifi will be a necessity.

EDIT: Well, I've been informed by the wifey that no TV is a no go, so I've had to eliminate PNG.
angrymob.gif

Now, I'm trying to decide between Dauin, Anilao, and Puerta Galera. Started another thread.

Last edited:
Not PNG, but we are going to Uepi in the Solomon's in 3 months. Plus no Air Niugini, which I've read is horrendous.

Just a thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well, I've been informed by the wifey that no TV is a no go, so I've had to eliminate PNG. :angrymob:

Now, I'm trying to decide between Dauin, Anilao, and Puerto Galera. Started another thread.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Tawali in Milne Bay has tvs in their rooms, you could check with them to make sure. All the places you mention in the Philippines are fantastic, but PNG is just something special both diving and topside.

It would be such a shame to miss exoeriencing PNG due to lack of in room Tvs. What is it your wife needs to watch? Can you load up tv shows and movies onto a laptop? Or does she want to watch the everyday horrors of the news which would be more difficult to find a work around.

I'm pretty sure Tawali in Milne Bay has tvs in their rooms, you could check with them to make sure. All the places you mention in the Philippines are fantastic, but PNG is just something special both diving and topside.

Neither tv or internet is mentioned anywhere on either their website or tripadvisor.

---------- Post added April 12th, 2015 at 02:46 PM ----------

MA:
It would be such a shame to miss exoeriencing PNG due to lack of in room Tvs. What is it your wife needs to watch? Can you load up tv shows and movies onto a laptop? Or does she want to watch the everyday horrors of the news which would be more difficult to find a work around.

As I said, she doesn't dive. So, while hanging out and reading is enjoyable for her, she would get bored fairly quickly on a two week trip without any tv.

I would send the wife on her own holiday and go to PNG. Most of the places where the best diving is in Solomons, PNG etc has very little for non-divers.

I thought Tufi was ok for non-divers. Snorkelling on the house reef, bird watching tours, cultural village visits, vegging by the pool. There was temperamental wi-fi and a tv in the restaurant area, but not in the rooms.

When I was there in January, half the people at the resort were non-divers. Although there admittedly no diver/non-diver couples. Either both dived or both didn't dive. Guess it depends on whether your wife would put up with having to do everything on her own or not.

She used to dive (although she was still somewhat new to it), but had her foot amputated below the knee a couple of years ago. She's not ready to dive again, but she still enjoys the vegging out portion of my dive vacations. But, TV and wifi are a requirement for her and she doesn't care much for doing things solo simply because she physically can't do a lot of them, let alone by herself. So, I figure complying with those two simple requests isn't that big of a deal.

Reactions: MA
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom