Papua New Guinea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarkHB:
I used to do a lot of diving on Bougainville Island. A wonderland.

Mark

My father was stationed on Bougainville during WWII.

Well, the time is getting short for my next trip to PNG. I will be leaving on the 28th for a month there. I will be on the Star Dancer with Alan Raabe for some rip-roaring fun. Got my gear packed, but the clothes?......well, who needs many of those. You live in a bathing suit and a lap-lap (sarong).
I'm taking a bunch of video tapes of movies for the crew to watch. They are always appreciated when you go on a liveaboard.
See you all when I get back!

I'm interested in your trip report and looking forward to it!

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

Allison...

All you need there like you said is a bathing suit, lap-lap and a billim.
Have fun. I will get back there one day.
I spent a lot of time on Bougainville right up to just after their civil war started.
Admiral Yamamoto's Betty bomber is still laying in the jungle.

Mark

T-14 days until Mike Ball Paradise Sport in PNG :)

~Matt Segal

Segal3,
I'd like to hear about your 5050 and housing. My nikonos was acting up so much with me that I packed it after my third dive on a 3 week trip. I'm fed up with film!! I'm looking at digital and the 5050 (5060 now) has really caught my eye. Tell me about your pics and the versitility of it, please. What kind of strobe do you use, if any. I guess I won't be able to use my Nikon strobes with it, huh?

We are due to leave for PNG 30 Aug - 23rd Sept (2 nights in Singapore). 1 week aboard Star dancer then Walindi Resort & Loloata. Would love to hear what time of year you went & what the diving was like + where you went after Star Dancer?

What malaria precautions / tabs did you take and any real side effects with multiple dives etc?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom