Part 2: The Philippines (Anilao) with the Fuji E900

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JTemple

Contributor
Reaction score
Recently back from 2 months in Indonesia (Bali, Sulawesi, Raja Ampat) and 1 month in the Philippines (Anilao and Dumaguete). 1 month after getting bent in Indonesia, I was able to get back in the water during my trip to the Philippines. Here's a selection of shots from Anilao, taken with a Fuji E900 in Ike housing with 2 S&S YS-90DXs, 1 to 3 INON macro lenses or the INON UWL. (See other threads for Dumaguete and Indonesia.)

From Anilao:
2490662973_8385a798b0.jpg

2490663385_549cd40641.jpg

2490669145_ab58e75611.jpg

2491487124_60b716c44e.jpg

2491509168_595eb98b64.jpg

2490687735_bc9cac03be.jpg

2490674083_e3c215ee71.jpg

2491507042_ab1ca21af6.jpg

2490690955_75fe44160e.jpg

Thanks for looking!

More great stuff!

Wow! Beautiful photos! Mesmerised by the eye of the lionfish...
Cute avatar u have - California Reefnut.

Clearly you have what it takes in the photography department !!!!
Your series of posts are simply superb.

Wow, absolutely amazing photos!

Thanks again, everyone!

Great stuff. Sounds like you really covered the area. For a photographer if you had to pick just 2 places to go back to where would they be?

Tough question! I didn't get the chance to dive in Lembeh since I got bent, but from everything I know about the place and all the amazing pictures I've seen from there, combined with the photo ops available in Bunaken and at the Manado mainland sites, N. Sulawesi certainly is (still) a top destination!

Anilao was amazing, with muck diving that is every much as spectacular as I understand Lembeh to be!

And Dumaguete/Dauin was stunning, as well! The Ducomi Pier in Dauin will keep a photographer busy for years!!! There is so much to see and shoot, it's mind blowing. From macro to wide angel. So much stuff, it's really a bit overwhelming at first because you don't know where to begin. And the reefs in the area also provide a lot of very cool subjects. The problem with Dumaguete/Dauin is the sanctuary fees. It really starts to add up as there are fees for diving the sites, and then an additional fee for diving with a camera (and an unbelievably high fee if diving with a video camera). But I really don't think that info to disuade you from going, as the photo ops are too wonderful to pass up. You just need to plan for the fees and budget them in.

Back
Top Bottom