Passed my DM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

agwatts

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi All,

I passed my DM last night. I want to thank all of you for your encouragement and help through the difficult Physics phase.

By-the-way, my instructor wants me to improve my mapping. Does anyone have any ideas or a copy of the mapping to give me some ideas. He wants me to triangulate the map. Can someone shed some light on this?

Any way...I'm done and it's on to IDC in March...after I return from my trip to Roatan for some warm water diving.

Greg:D

Congratulations on finishing. You have reason to feel proud.

Congrats - it's important to help with classes and students before hitting your IDC...

Congrats, now get to work, dive slave.

Without knowing more about your map it's hard to say what you need to do. Triangulating is when you take bearings from three different points (preferably about 120 degrees apart), draw lines along those bearings, and the triangle formed by the intersecting lines (highly unlikely they will meet at one tidy point) shows your location zone and potential margin of error. It will also reveal any major errors in reading a particular bearing.

I'm scheduled for OW, AOW, & Rescue classes from now until March 1st. Once back from Roatan, I'm slated for more of the same until IDC. I'm not going into IDC without getting as much class time as possible. I volunteer for every class available at my shop.

Greg

Congratulations. :)

Here's what I did for my map.

bluehole-3d-2.PNG

bluehole_2d-1.gif

Congratulations!

amascuba...where did you get the map. Where do I go to find this type of map?

Back
Top Bottom