Passport to re-enter US

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Derek S

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Worse is the new ones issued will have electronic chips in them. I don't know about you, but I've don't have a good feeling about their QA process track record for government computer projects. As mine expires this year, I'm a little nervous about this (I can just see that the computer gets a little salt air and decides I'm Abe Lincoln or Adolph Hitler :wink: )

Also if you change your address, you will have to obtain a new passport (i.e. the chip can't be recoded).

When we leave the country, even if if it's one like Canada, we take passports. It's nice to have internationally accecpted ID, as opposed to something that might be questioned or create a hassle.

Having a passport is just a cost of traveling out of the country.

<shrugs> Even if just traveling domestic by air, we use our passports as the prefered ID for the TSA. Avoids the out-of-state drivers license scrutiny.

All the best, James

Interesting......I think I will visit my local photo equipment shop and buy me a lead film bag to put my passport in. That ought to cause some discussion at certain places during a trip. But the lead bag would prevent I am pretty sure stealing info.
Just a thought
rich

I've given some of the best years of my life in the defense of my country, served in a war and other various hostile situations, yet I'm going to have to be treated like a common criminal and inspected like I'm a potential terrorist threat.

Meanwhile, hundreds, if not thousands of illegals enter my country every day over portions of un-guarded border.

If the bungholes in Washington had been doing it right from day 1, we wouldn't be in the situation we are now, but that's another rant....

Derek S:
Meanwhile, hundreds, if not thousands of illegals enter my country every day over portions of un-guarded border.

And now they want to make them all US citizens by default. Imagine that.

One more thought. Can the US passport agency handle the "demand" there is going to be for processing a passport because of all the new requests? I bet they get backed up 6 months easy to get a passport.

Derek S:
I've given some of the best years of my life in the defense of my country, served in a war and other various hostile situations, yet I'm going to have to be treated like a common criminal and inspected like I'm a potential terrorist threat.

If the bungholes in Washington had been doing it right from day 1, we wouldn't be in the situation we are now, but that's another rant....

The comical tragic truth is that if th BHs had watched ABC Nightline BEFORE the event, it might not have happened (as the very risk which was exploited was featured).

Oh well.

RICHinNC:
Interesting......I think I will visit my local photo equipment shop and buy me a lead film bag to put my passport in. That ought to cause some discussion at certain places during a trip. But the lead bag would prevent I am pretty sure stealing info.
Just a thought
rich

Save a little money and just buy some Reynolds Grill bags. You can use the left overs for a hat to protect you from the screening machines :)

I thought the money looked funny in the 51st state.

OK all you canucks (especially my mother in law) - just kidding :eyebrow:

If it would help I don't have a problem using my passport. Unfortunatly with the border patrol staffing at ridiculously low levels, the honest citizens are the only ones who are hassled.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom