Patima housing for G9...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ouch! $995 for this housing? I think I would consider the Ikelite for $600 first.

That is a beautiful looking housing --But on the first page of digi's site, it says it's rated at 120 meters --on another page it says it's rated at 80 meters. 80 is deeper than any p/s housing for the
G9.

I've never heard of this company, Patima, anyone know anything about them?

Jeff

Oh, this housing is really cool, can hold it & take photo with just 1 hand... Nearly bought it 2 wks ago, during the dive show in S'pore - they were having a good promo (abt US$670), I was so seduced by it! I really preferred it to the boxy Ikelite one... However, being cheapskate, I think I would just get the Canon one...
Anyway, hope this info fr the dealer is useful -
"The short port is for wide angle wet attachable lens with 67mm thread ie. Inon wide angle lens
The normal long port is for full zoom and for macro lens with 67mm thread.
Housing have one nikonos V socket fitted (for wire sync no TTL) and optical sync port can have sTTL with Inon strobes."

Oh, this housing is really cool, can hold it & take photo with just 1 hand... Nearly bought it 2 wks ago, during the dive show in S'pore - they were having a good promo (abt US$670), I was so seduced by it! I really preferred it to the boxy Ikelite one... However, being cheapskate, I think I would just get the Canon one...

Cool. Thanks for the info - I'm seriously looking at the Patima housing (not a fan of the boxy Ikelite either) as I sometimes need to take my camera past 40m - I've taken my Canon WP-DC7 below 50m on occasions but find that sometimes not all the buttons work at depth...

It is a VERY nice looking housing but once I placed it into my right hand, I got a cut from the metal latch on my palm. thats from 1min of fiddling about with it. It i were to do my typical 70-90min dive with it, im sure it would really cut up most of the skin on my right hand. I was SO CLOSE to buying it but the design of the strap and the position of the latch totally blew it for me.

Also, the latch has a very tiny little lever that you have to depress in order to open the catch, and as I was watching another customer try it out, he barely brushed the lever and the whole latch popped open! i'd hate to see this happen underwater. (sure, the pressure might keep it closed, but what about on the surface?)

they have a potentially wonderful housing here. If only they had considered these minor details when designing. They'd make a world of difference!

im not really a fan of ikelite's box too but still trying to get used to it.. they're a great brand but they really could do something about the ergonomics!

Patima PDCH G9 pics:

1205813404.gif

12058135472795.gif

12058136462795.gif

Back
Top Bottom