Patong Beach September 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It will be rainy, windy and choppy - it's still the 'rainy' season. Weather doesn't calm down until about November.

West Coast of Thailand's best weather is approx. Nov/Dec until May - the other months are the rainy season, and weather is a lot more unpredictable.

Imo, don't waste your time with diving in September - if you've only got four days then just party in Patong!

It will be rainy, windy and choppy - it's still the 'rainy' season. Weather doesn't calm down until about November.

West Coast of Thailand's best weather is approx. Nov/Dec until May - the other months are the rainy season, and weather is a lot more unpredictable.

Imo, don't waste your time with diving in September - if you've only got four days then just party in Patong!
It may be rainy, windy and choppy and it may be sunny, calm with flat seas.

'Don't waste your time' is IMO a bad advice, unless you already know the weather when the OP is here.

No worries. My trip to Thailand is because of a wedding. I will have people to hang with - including my son - if the weather doesn't allow for diving.

I would be a fool not to bring my gear if there is any chance of a dive.

I have been to Phuket and partied before. I would rather dive if possible.

It may be rainy, windy and choppy and it may be sunny, calm with flat seas.

'Don't waste your time' is IMO a bad advice, unless you already know the weather when the OP is here.

It's great advice - I've been diving in Thailand for 20 years, including during 'low season', so I've experienced all conditions at all times of the year. It would be disingenuous not to give honest advice, since I don't work in the Thai diving industry.

It's great advice - I've been diving in Thailand for 20 years, including during 'low season', so I've experienced all conditions at all times of the year. It would be disingenuous not to give honest advice, since I don't work in the Thai diving industry.
Glad to see that you realise your own post 'it will be rainy, windy, and choppy' with 'all conditions at all times of the year' is not consistent.
And your implication is nonsense, thanks very much.

:acclaim: What can I say..The wetsuit of anonymity...I also look nothing like my profile pic :D

:rofl3:

I am tempted to come to Phuket in early Oct because of cheap flight(HKG/HKT return for US$105.00, no check bag). Room at C & N Hotel is another $20.00 per night. All I need is computers, fins and mask and couple of T-shirts and shorts. If the weather is lousy I'll stay indoor otherwise just hire the equipment and dive.

I can understand why the code for our own airport is HKG but I could never figure out HKT for Phuket.

I am tempted to come to Phuket in early Oct because of cheap flight(HKG/HKT return for US$105.00, no check bag). Room at C & N Hotel is another $20.00 per night. All I need is computers, fins and mask and couple of T-shirts and shorts. If the weather is lousy I'll stay indoor otherwise just hire the equipment and dive.

I can understand why the code for our own airport is HKG but I could never figure out HKT for Phuket.
Because they had to find something else since PKT was handed to Port Keats?

Because they had to find something else since PKT was handed to Port Keats?
IATA code for Pukarua(French Polynesia) is PUK!!!! Urban dictionary has interesting definitions for "puk".
HKT is far better than PUK.

Back
Top Bottom