Patong to Ao Nang

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikyyo

Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering what the best way to go would be. I think hiring a car costs around 3000 baht. Is it feasible to just get a car to the ferry on the other side of Phuket and from there just take the ferry? Would this be a cheaper option? Thanks.

I always just hire a driver..it's a lot less hassle and a beautiful drive. Don't be surprised if you have a change of driver along the way, obviously the tuk tuk mafia has borders. Last time I did this I left from Nai Yang near the airport at lunchtime and was in a long tail heading to Railay by 3.30pm.

I think that transfer to the ferry is normally included in the ferry ticket price. Ferry to Lanta via Phi Phi is in the area of 1000B. I would guess Ao Nang is about the same.
Any hotel or travel agent will be happy to book a ferry ticket for you.

Ferry, bus, car rental, driver rental, all good and viable options. Private transfer via phuketshuttle is atm 2,500 Baht. Ferry is I think around 800 Baht, bus will be a few hunderd and car rental I don't know, but unless you're using the car on either end of the trip I would not prefer that option.

Thanks for responses. It looks like Phukettshuttle for 2500 baht is the easiest way. About how long a drive is this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom