PDC or Puerto Morelos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

forestfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My sister and her husband are getting their BOW done in Playa. They then want to do a couple of dives with my husband and I (we are AOW, and have a few dives under our belts). We are all staying in Playacar. My husband and I will have already done some diving off Cozumel.

So, for a pair of new divers, would you recommend diving around Playa or Puerto Morelos? or somewhere else? These must be easy dives, since I want them to be relaxed and enjoy the diving, not be overly worried about stuff.

Any recommendations of locations, and dive ops would be great. We will have a car, so driving a little ways would be okay.

Oh, and we will be there between June 13-23.
Thanks!

I went along with my girlfriend on a Discover Scuba from Playa with Scuba Playa. The dives were very nice, easy, and interesting with a short boat ride to the dives sites. I have only good things to say about Scuba Playa. I have not been to Puerto Morelos but would be interested in hearing about it if you decide to go there.

I enjoy diving Puerto Morelos. It doesn't get the volume of diving that the larger areas get (Cancun, PDC, Cozumel) so there is less stress on the reefs there. They have shallow and deep reefs. There is also wreck there that you can penetrate in the deeper water there, so there is variety in depth and attraction.

I always dive with Scorpio Divers out of Cancun when I am in the area. They specialize in smaller groups, unlike the cattle car operations you find everywhere. They will arrange for dives from the Cancun area all the way down to Cozumel and everything in between. Wrecks, reefs, night dives, cenote dives, they do it all.

Playa hardly has diving itself. Hardly any reef.

The only spots there worth diving is Tortugas for a drift dive. Puerto Morelos has nice reefs. Hop on the bus to Puerto Morelos and 30 minutes later you are there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom