Peeing in the suit has been discussed forever - now the old diver perspective

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I try to dive places where I can get by without wearing a wetsuit but when I do and I do pee this helps me feel better. I first flush as much as possible by stretching my collar and scooping water in. I then go inverted and stretch my suit over my regulator while exhaling letting bubbles flow through my suit exiting out of my ankles. This might not help anything but it makes me feel better. When I first started diving I didn't understand what the separate rinse tanks for wetsuits was all about.

Wow! Is this the Warhammer for #1? Admit it, you just like the feel of the tiny bubbles racing across your private parts.

I try to dive places where I can get by without wearing a wetsuit but when I do and I do pee this helps me feel better. I first flush as much as possible by stretching my collar and scooping water in. I then go inverted and stretch my suit over my regulator while exhaling letting bubbles flow through my suit exiting out of my ankles. This might not help anything but it makes me feel better. When I first started diving I didn't understand what the separate rinse tanks for wetsuits was all about.
Don't try this if you put your boots on over the legs of your wetsuit. I just got the image of an inverted diver with expanding air balloons at their ankles pulling them feet first towards the surface. I get something like that with the water trying to drain out of the suit climbing the ladder and I put the leg cuffs over the boots. I reach down and pull on the cuff to drain the leg. I won't be trying the flush the wetsuit with air approach. It seems like a buoyancy challenge to me at the very least. I admit that it may work just fine for others and I may just be uncoordinated enough to be too scared to try it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom