Peeing in your wetsuit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never have, never plan to. I might need to at some point, but it is my suit and I want it to not smell like piss. I have it sealed up pretty tight as well, and urine deposited will probably end up in my boots.

I guess we are basicly swimming in thousands of gallons of fish pee so whats an extra half litre between freinds.
Actually not wanting to seem a "matcho man" or anything stupid like that.
I'm still at the stage with diving that part of my predive is a nervous pee.It comes from years of bike racing where it was very common to need to head off for a pee just as first call for your race class came up.

Several observations regarding peeing in a wetsuit:

1. I look at it as though I'm doing my fellow cold water divers a favor. If they are behind me they will find the water in my contrail to be a bit warmer :D

2. Urine is supposedly sterile - though one may question that on the ride back in an enclosed vehicle after a multi day dive trip.

3. I can truthfully say that I haven't peed once in my wetsuit.

4. They don't make wetsuit crotches the way they used to.::shakehead:

On a more serious note - stay very well hydrated when diving. Not only does it reduce your chance of DCS but your urine will run clear and with less odor.

Reactions: Jax
I can truthfully say that I haven't peed once in my wetsuit.

So we can take this as you have peed more times than you can actually count? :eyebrow:

Have 987 dives under my belt, and I'm still peeing strong. That's why there are "rinse" hoses on the boats. My SO, however, has 8 dives and says he will NEVER pee in his. Ahhhhhhh, gotta love innocent virgins.

I'm wondering who would own up to committing #2 in their wetsuit...? That probably falls in the 25% range for recreational divers who have been actively diving for atleast 10yrs. In the commercial side of things I have heard of even higher numbers..

I don't know about inside a wetsuit.
Outside of the wetsuit, it's called a warhammer maneuver.
I'm guessing you'd need proper training and a specialty card to do it safely.:wink:

That would be one specialty that could count toward a...... {Booming announcer voice} "Master Diver Card."

-Mitch

I WISH I could pee in my wetsuit! I've really really wanted to once. I think I may have to stop moving in the water and stay still to do so, and well, that may look a little suspicious.

BrianKon,

I never rented a wetsuit so I get to skate past that issue.

Peeing in it? 80%+ of the time.

I'll go so far as to say that if you end a dive of any length :)45+) not having done it or exiting in dire need to you are probably under hydrated. Sometime you feel fine until you stand at the end. Immersion diuresis has your kidneys working overtime and it's a biological certainty.

Etiquette? I'll pour a liter or 2 pf water down the waist line before dropping the rest of the wetsuit. That dilutes and disperses it some. A little rinse after is good to. If you can't shower those baby wipes do a great job at knocking out any residual odor, at least I think they do.:idk:

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom