pelican laptop case?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divecon2k4

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone used one of these? I know pelican has a great reputation but I was wondering about the fit (I have a 14in wide screen laptop) I am planning a trip and do a lot camping while diving and would like to download info from DC and pics from my camera. Just want to make sure the laptop is protected. Thanks for the help.

I have one. I have a smaller laptop but Pelican makes a case for a larger computer. Actually I am on my second one. The first I had a bit of trouble with. It had a carrying strap with a buckle attachment that was poorly designed. I threw the strap over my shoulder and the buckles snapped off causing the case to fall and when it hit the ground the pressure release knob popped off as well. That wasn't worth a damn so I shipped it back to Pelican and they sent me a brand new one and found that they had redesigned the strap attachment and since I got the new case it has worked very well. Pelican cases have a great warranty and I have about a dozen of them and they hold up well. This incident is the only real problem I have had with a case. Now they have fixed the problem.

Did you get the pick and pluck foam or the shock absorbing tray? The tray sounds nice but maybe not as secure as the foam. Thanks for the info I am going to have to check their website again to look at dementions.

I don't have the laptop case (work gave me a Panasonic Toughbook so I don't need the case)

I have several pelican cases. The pic a part foam is great for customizing for an unusual item. I recently bought the 1500 for my Nikon camera. I ordered it with the dividers. It was easier to separate components, but I had to come up with other ways to pad the areas the dividers didn't touch to keep things from shifting.

Make sure you get one big enough for all the computer related items you want to take. My first case couldn't hold all the gear I wanted when I started laying things out in the case.

Mine came with the tray and was similar to a briefcase. I removed it to give me more room for other items. Once i pack all my other stuff if does not slide around. Sounds bad but works well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom