pemba island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Re: Pemba in Tanzania

Well at present the rains have just started here; by June they may or may not have finished. If they haven't you can expect reduced visibility (in fine weather it is normally 20m). IIRC the water temp when we dived last May was about 25-26C, on the tail end of the rainy season. The currents around Pemba are generally very mild at all times of the year.

gurselen:
hi,
does anybody has an experience diving in pemba island in june? how is the climate, visibility and current conditions?
best fishes,
engin

I was there in 2000, trip was very good, diving was average. at the time I did a liveaboard, but that boat is no longer there. It moved to the Seychelles ( MV Illusions )
consider it, I liked the boat and the crew of 2-3. , smaller boat.

gurselen:
hi,
does anybody has an experience diving in pemba island in june? how is the climate, visibility and current conditions?
best fishes,
engin

I was referring to Pemba , off Tanzania.

Thanks for all replies..we (7 divers) are moving to Pemba ısland this friday and will take 12 dives package in manta reef hotel and after 2 days safari in Kenya...
engin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom