People get ready, there's a storm a comin'...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hope everyone is ok now. I might loose my camera, my weight pockets, my compass on dives, but not my teeth. so no to denture hunting. this time.

Photos are just totally mind blowing. To think that people in this crisis took time to help save the manatee brought tears to my eyes. My heart truly goes out to all of the folks hit by this storm.

Zuzanne

Scubatooth:
just a question does anybody in this group live near tampa or clearwater because my grandmother lives in clearwater and i would like to know how much damage was done to there. so if anybody could get me a report it would be greatly appreciated

tooth

I live in Homosassa, a bit north in Citurs County.

Tampa and Clearwater did not get damage from Charlie but we had a bunch of tornados on Saturday.

So much for the usual huricane thing of getting a clear, dry day or two after the storm passes. :11:

I want to thank all of the ScubaBoard members from Florida for continuing to post about the conditions. I have been unable to contact my sister and her family who live in Orlando (Lake Forrest) and your posts are more reassuring than you know.

I hope that everyone we've heard from continues to be well and that we hear from those who are out of touch very soon.

Hey All,

A quick status report from Cape Coral (squished between Fort Myers to the East and Sanibel to the West). As most of you have been watching the news, you are pretty familiar with what happened and where. But from conversations with my Mom, the news is not all that accurate in some cases.

Although Lee County in general had quite a bit of damage, most of it was mild compared to Charlotte County. Here at my house, we lost several trees and all the shingles off the south side of the roof. Others close by have lost their porches, parts of their roofs and most everyone has tree damage. Initial reports from the City of Cape Coral states that 75% of the homes have damage to either roofs, lanai, fences and trees. From what I hear, about 270,000 homes are still without power in Lee County (we are lucky, maybe it is the HUGE Walmart two blocks away).

The hardest hit in Lee County was Sanibel and Captiva. Captiva was actually split into two islands. Kinda weird.

Back to Charlotte County. They have been crushed. Punta Gorda took a direct hit and they have extensive damage. I have a friend who lives off Burnt Store and after twenty four hours of no communications I tried to go to his house to check on them and was turned away. I finally got a phone call from them and they are ok, but quite a bit of damage. From all the pictures and video on the news they will be cleaning up for weeks to come.

Well, that is all I have. Take care folks. I am off to work to implement our disaster recovery plan.

Joe

I am in Tampa right now and will be making daily trips back to PG with supplies. If anyone is unaccounted for (CBulla and Wildbill are already on the list), please let me know and I will do what I can.

Jeff good to hear you are OK. Was worring bout ya. Good to hear Wildbill is OK. I spoke to Colin on Friday night.

So, how soon can we hit Venice beach? I bet there are a bunch of teeth washed up! :D

I just heard from Colin too. I haven't heard from Wildbill yet. Actually, I think I'm hitting VB sometime this week.

On the plus side, I just had my first shower and cold drink since Thursday, so I we do go diving this week we can actually stage in the same area :D

lisa4516:
How about Rachel, Biscuit 07, isn't she living in the keys?

the keys are ok. Charley was only a Cat 2 then, and it "veered"
around them, so no direct hit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom