Perdix AI alternatives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does the Perdix even have seconds? I have one and I'm pretty sure it doesn't, if not, there's a LOT of Tec divers out there that get by without them. Exactly what do you need to do that's critical to the second?

You may want to contact Shearwater and their latest version is V72. I know when I am diving on OC Tec mode deco clear shows minutes and seconds. I do not know if this works on closed circuit.

DECO CLEAR.jpg

Another question - Shearwater's manual for AI recommends using a special second transmitter if running two of them in parallel; the one that they conveniently sell in yellow - per their claim, the two transmitters need to have different timing on their signal, or conflicts can arise, producing loss of connectivity for up to 20 minutes. Oceanic/Aeris manuals make no mention of this, and they run up to three transmitters in parallel. Does this actually happen in the real world, or is Shearwater being needlessly paranoid? I already have a grey transmitter with my Aeris T3, and more used ones are available for significantly less than a brand new Shearwater yellow unit.

I dive two gray transmitters when diving SM and I have never encountered any issue at all.

You may want to contact Shearwater and their latest version is V72. I know when I am diving on OC Tec mode deco clear shows minutes and seconds. I do not know if this works on closed circuit.
Yeah I've never noticed seconds, others have said it doesn't and that there's a progress bar. Never done deco so no idea, I think the safety stop counts down in seconds so it makes sense deco would too.

I'm on V72, there's no functional changes from V71 anyway.

Yeah I've never noticed seconds, others have said it doesn't and that there's a progress bar. Never done deco so no idea, I think the safety stop counts down in seconds so it makes sense deco would too.

I'm on V72, there's no functional changes from V71 anyway.

I dive in OC TEC mode where you have to manage your own stops. I usually do a 5 minute stop then once deco clear comes up continue the dive at 5m or less usually on a reef taking photos. Yes I was on V71 just updated to V72 recently.

I dive two gray transmitters when diving SM and I have never encountered any issue at all.
Same here. My theory is if they're turned on at different times, unless you're unlucky enough to turn the second one on at the exact split second the first one is sending, they'll never clash.

With a Petrel and a NERD, over a 2-hour dive they will drift apart by about 30 seconds. Usually, but not always, the NERD leads.

Looking to get a pair of transmitters. They are the same price, why not just do the 2-color? Doesn't cost extra, theymake them this way for a reason.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom