Peregrine - How to delete "Dive 0"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A buddy had a similar issue with training dives he didn't want numbered or in his log
Why is that? Old habit die hard.
I was required to log all dives, especially training dives as proof of training in the military, as an civilian instructor I logged every dive done with students in training, there is that word again, training, the words arse and covering also come to mind.
I don't understand dive instructors that don't log training dives to cover said body part.

My dive count now is 'civilian dives' only, my 'training dives' from the past are kept apart in a file.

Sorry: Rant over, back on topic.

It doesn't matter if "restore mode" is on or off, it still tries to download dive 0.

It matters because it does effect stats ... e.g. my deepest dive shows as 277.2ft, and it adds 1 to the total dive count. I just verified to make sure that downloading "Dive 0" to Shearwater cloud does change my stats. If it didn't change the stats, I would download it to the cloud and I wouldn't care. But ... it does.

So my choice currently is to uncheck it every time I download dives, or have my stats affected by a factory test dive.

I would let it download once in the hope it won't prompt you for that one again. Delete it from the list of downloaded dives on the PC/cloud.
I tried that, but unfortunately it adds the dive to my "stats" and increasing my dive count by 1. I don't want that.

I tried that, but unfortunately it adds the dive to my "stats" and increasing my dive count by 1. I don't want that.
Did you delete it from the Cloud after downloading?

Did you delete it from the Cloud after downloading?
If I don't delete it from the cloud, it affects my stats, but will not try to download it again.
If I delete it from the cloud, my stats are correct, but it will try to download it every time I download dives.

If I don't delete it from the cloud, it affects my stats, but will not try to download it again.
If I delete it from the cloud, my stats are correct, but it will try to download it every time I download dives.
Delete it from both the computer and the cloud. Turn off restore. Check again.

Why is that? Old habit die hard.
I was required to log all dives, especially training dives as proof of training in the military, as an civilian instructor I logged every dive done with students in training, there is that word again, training, the words arse and covering also come to mind.
I don't understand dive instructors that don't log training dives to cover said body part.

My dive count now is 'civilian dives' only, my 'training dives' from the past are kept apart in a file.

Sorry: Rant over, back on topic.
They were short 5 min drops and pool dives when he was setting things up for side mount. True dives he kept training or not.

Delete it from both the computer and the cloud. Turn off restore. Check again.
I just removed dive 0 from both computer and cloud and turned off restore mode. Did a connect and download, and it still wanted to download dive 0.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom