Perth VS Cairns...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FYI - Whale shark season on the Ningaloo starts at the VERY end of March. The data on their dependence on the coral spawn is a bit out of date, unfortunately.

Mantas are year round from Coral Bay but seasonal from Exmouth (late May to October).

There is also very good diving south of Perth a ways - Busselton Jetty, the Swan from Dunsborough and the Perth wreck from Albany just to name a few. Busselton and Dunsborough aren't that far and you can also check out the Margaret River area whichi is beautiful and has great wineries and surfing, to boot.

Rotto is great and so is the Marmion Marine Park area. There is an excellent shore dive near Hillary's Marina right in front of the Marmion Angling Club - only place I've seen sea dragons.

WA has a ton of wonderful dive sites and because the coastline is so long, the diversity here is amazing. Even the 150km difference between Exmouth (north end Ningaloo Reef) and Coral Bay (southern section Ningaloo Reef) is incredible.

I spent some time diving in WA and second what Alcina said about Rottnest and south of Perth. I'm so glad I didn't go straight up to Exmouth. My first wreck dive ever was the Swan at Dunsborough! And I spent hours until Busselton Jetty - it's very shallow.

Up at Exmouth, I remember the Muiron Islands as being particularly pretty - but for me the big deal about Exmouth are the whalesharks and of course, The Navy Pier. That is a great dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom