Petrel 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not local made, made in Taiwan at ODS with most of the rest of the regs on the market, just sold out of Divers Supply. Deep 6 will be distributed from the Atlanta area as well

Thanks for clearing that up tbone. I could have sworn I read somewhere that they were made here in the Atlanta area. I do still love mine..

oh lord no. Some of their products were made in the USA at various points, wings were made at the same manufacturer that Dive Rite uses in New York, Drysuits came from USIA up in the PNW, some other things were made here, but the regs weren't. To my knowledge the only one still making them here is Atomic and now Zeagle. Not 100% sure on Zeagle, but about 99% sure. Unfortunately Atomic is all piston designs, and Zeagle doesn't make a swivel turret, so you can't have the sealed diaphragm design with a turret that's made in the USA. Highly unfortunate, but maybe they'll change.

Not the best place for this, but, with the limited number of OEM, it would be wonderful if someone would post a genealogy chart. I nominate tbone1004

I will def check out the Deep6 for my next set or stage bottle sets, especially if they are same rough price and quality as the Hog. Just love how inexpensive the Hogs are and how well they breath.

pm sent. prefer not to disclose on here. most that are involved with the mfg of gear are aware of them though, it isn't a big secret, but it's been asked not to publicly announce

Thanks for clearing that up tbone. I could have sworn I read somewhere that they were made here in the Atlanta area. I do still love mine..

Headquartered in Macon, but that's all. Chris Richardson, formerly of EDGE-HOG, now of Deep Six, is down there in Forsyth.

EDGE-HOG Dive Gear
5208 Mercer University Drive
Suite E
Macon, GA 31210

Note that the address is the Macon branch of Divers Supply.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom