Philippine diving help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pelagics are pretty rare in PG unfortunately.
Yes, but sometimes miracle happens :)
Last year -May we saw the small (about 5-6 m) whale shark on the house reef of Oasis resort on Pangalao. I was with 2 students and they did there first dive in Open Water :D The rest of the group (certified divers) dive that day on Balicasag :)
It was my 6-th trip to Panglao and first time whale shark there....

Dove Apo today, well 2 LONG dives, the first was 58 minutes and the second one 64 minutes :) the first dive was kinda average, the second dive, called "The Chapel" was amazing! Lots, lots, lots of beautiful corals...but marine life a bit on the limited side, did see a few sea snakes and turtles :) Max depth was 27.6 meters (91 feet) along the wall but most of the dive was spent at a shallow 8-10m or so. Viz was pretty good...20m or so. Water temp was 26-27 Celcius. Dove with El Dorado who were great!

Yes, but sometimes miracle happens :)
Last year -May we saw the small (about 5-6 m) whale shark on the house reef of Oasis resort on Pangalao. I was with 2 students and they did there first dive in Open Water :D The rest of the group (certified divers) dive that day on Balicasag :)
It was my 6-th trip to Panglao and first time whale shark there....

That's awesome - you're very lucky. Although the PG I was referring to is Puerto Galera

Back
Top Bottom