Philippine Dreams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe my views are skewed because my dad is an american married to a filipina. I grew up in the bottom of mindanao where an american company in the 70's could only get single americans to come work here. Because of this many of our family friends who have come and gone have married filipinas. If you want to get technical, I am an american married to a filipina. She has more money than me though. haha.

My problem is with the people who look at every american married to a filipina in a bad light. My dad was in a hotel in Cebu about 15 years ago and the bellhop approached him when my mom went back to the room and basically said, "Sir I can get you one much younger." My dad calmly said, "Yeah but is she a doctor like my wife you just insulted."

I know nobody has said it in this thread but I get the feeling that some people look at all mixed couples as the foreigner exploiting the filipina. Believe it or not most couples are happy. Otherwise, in this day and age, they would not be together that long.

partridge:
Believe it or not most couples are happy. Otherwise, in this day and age, they would not be together that long.

i agree with you.

i have a friend from Cali who just got his doctorate on Philosophy in UCdavies i think, he is now upnorth farming!!!! with a newly born son , want to see the picture?

who has a "bayaw" who is gay...... this has nothing to do with the topic....

paolov:
so when will y ou take on the description under your name "Barangay Pasaway" like the rest of us....

Actually I'm embarrassed because my Tagalog is terrible. And worse, I've been away for 6 years now and as I'm living with a Honduran lady and learning Spanish, I'm slipping in my Ilonggo. I sit and try to translate songs into Ilonggo just to practice but without hearing it every day....and I'm getting to be an old fart. But I always go to PPD forum first now. I feel more at home.

Hank49:
Actually I'm embarrassed because my Tagalog is terrible. And worse, I've been away for 6 years now and as I'm living with a Honduran lady and learning Spanish, I'm slipping in my Ilonggo. I sit and try to translate songs into Ilonggo just to practice but without hearing it every day....and I'm getting to be an old fart. But I always go to PPD forum first now. I feel more at home.

post lang in ilonggo hank, kay sabton ta ka in ilonggo ah. ang spanish kag ilonggo halos parehos lang ah. Kadto di bala sa Pilipinas liwat para lagaw lagaw ta.

translation:
(just post in ilonggo hank, and I'll answer you in ilonggo. Spanish and Ilonggo are very similar. Come here to the Philippines again so we could go around.)

...and tell stories of running into outspoken ex military with m16s!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom