Philippine Dreams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar:
amen! filipinos are still politically immature to have true democracy...

the question is why are they still immature..... who/what has held their growth?

shugar:
also our confucian heritage (asian) makes us too submissive to authority figures - so combine political immaturity and submission to authority and voila! erap, goma, fpj, gloria, miriam and the rest of them!

how could you call them authority. they carry mere facades of authority they do not have legitimate authority

shugar:
i agree, we need a strong leader who's not afraid to kick a55

no we don't , we need a self made person who can lead, whom the people can have faith in

shugar:
even marcos had something going with the bagong lipunan - just that power and his wife got to him first

behind the rise and fall of a man is a woman. this is God Given, GENESIS 1

shugar:
doesn't have to be forever, just until we as a nation get our crap in order
Jag

only when the children are educated to think for themselves , that means REVAMPING the educational system and you do that by replacing most of the teachers.

Getting back to the website. it is humiliating perhaps but why? if you check the number of website of filipinas and that of americans , the americans have more sites however they are prettier..... am just lightening up the mood, no one ever that the preceding remark as my opinion because it is not.

Missdirected:
Didn't you guys get the pop-up that said after a couple of seconds they were going to keep your e-mail address? I didn't get a chance to read anything but I get the gist. Most are offshore, meaning the government whoever has a tough time doing things, even here.

i won't open the link then...i dislike these sites. exploitation is exploitation...period.

I'm not sure I understand the moral difference between meeting someone who immediately tries to hook you up with their single sister/cousin/friend vs. one of these sites.

I've known a couple of people who met their spouses through similar arrangements, although those were European versions.

All I can see is that the site is selling a book which encourages foreigners to settle in the Philippines and marry a Filipina, with tips on, among others, how to survive in the country and how to find a woman for marriage or how to avoid being conned by golddiggers. I'm not saying that's good, but arent we making conclusions from premises that arent really there? Unless I missed something, i dont think it even tries to hook up anybody with anyone.

I cannot agree with the government interfering in any way with anybody's choice of a partner. Its about uplifting the low standard of living, which is the reason why many of the less fortunate look at marriage to a foreigner as a way out of poverty.

But I agree with Mike, some parts of it are funny.:D

paolov:
the question is why are they still immature..... who/what has held their growth?

The Philippines still has the legacy left by the Spanish that is also in Central America, where an elite few hold almost all the wealth. Remember in the middle 80s as the other SE Asian countries economies started to take off and the Philippines was left behind? Thailand for instance, offered 5 year tax breaks to companies that invested in a business there and the investors could own 100%. The Philippine law said that all companies must be 60% Filipino. Not exactly great incentives to go invest $500 million which creates a lot of jobs, which is the best way to collect taxes.....from paychecks. And all the import duties that protect local industries that hardly exist. It's run like a small town. I know it's changing now and I hope good things continue to happen. In all the countries I've worked in I have yet to find more productive, dedicated employees. And this is exactly why (at least a few years ago) that money sent home from overseas workers is the single largest foreign income earner in the nation. Just my 3 cents. I love the place.

Hank49:
I know it's changing now and I hope good things continue to happen. In all the countries I've worked in I have yet to find more productive, dedicated employees.

i very much agree with the employees part...but on the changing state of governance? i can't see it, it's still the same as before and i think it won't change anytime soon (unfortunately)

the employees are so when they do not see a system where they may work equally. just a slight in-office maneouvering would spin them to quiet desperation. However given a vigilant management they would be productive.

in a way correct. the reason for the stagnant if not retarted growth is the Government of AMERICA ! make a distinction Government not the citizenry. the citizenry of the USA = The Shire - protected from reality by agents (Gandalf, Aragorn(rangers), and Mordor is not Iraq, hehehhehe)

the USA has seen the oppresion of 400 yrs of Spanish colonial rule and they exploited it. May i direct you to the massacre in Mindanao. do read on the fight between the Filipinos and the American Military there. It is History. and the continuing Rangers in the Philipipnes (abu sayaff, etc.)

as long as the country is in trouble they will always seek the assistance of the big brother ally , Gandalf. a new form has emerged during the 70s LOAN the 3rd world countries money and let the local government officials be greedy.

the officials get greedy they keep for themselves, uncle sam looks the otherway as long as that person has utilization for them. once he is no longer in their best interest the dossier comes out and is proliferated to the opposition and .... OUSTER...

the local politicians realized, if the populace begins to think we would not be elected, therefore let us give them mediocre knowledge......

ofcourse this is just a fictionalized story .....

and this conversation is Top Of Service infringement.. . hehehhehe

Hank49:
The Philippines still has the legacy left by the Spanish that is also in Central America, where an elite few hold almost all the wealth. Remember in the middle 80s as the other SE Asian countries economies started to take off and the Philippines was left behind? Thailand for instance, offered 5 year tax breaks to companies that invested in a business there and the investors could own 100%. The Philippine law said that all companies must be 60% Filipino. Not exactly great incentives to go invest $500 million which creates a lot of jobs, which is the best way to collect taxes.....from paychecks. And all the import duties that protect local industries that hardly exist. It's run like a small town. I know it's changing now and I hope good things continue to happen. In all the countries I've worked in I have yet to find more productive, dedicated employees. And this is exactly why (at least a few years ago) that money sent home from overseas workers is the single largest foreign income earner in the nation. Just my 3 cents. I love the place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom