Philippine Dreams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow..never heard of too much democracy.....the alternatives are not a choice I would like.

Okay, time for me to let the air out of my BCD and slip beneath the waves to enjoy the natural beauty of the underwater world. Be cool.

I just started reading the link...its a book!!! Oh that is funny..

I think the best part was the FAQ, "How do i know if the Filipina i met on a chat room is really a woman?" Answer: Baklas frequent the chat rooms...

But in all seriousness, it is damn scary that there is a market for this sort of thing out there....

Mike Veitch:
***!?!?!

Is that a serious business? scary...
Yep, it's a business. Small town in rural Missouri has a lot of filipinas married to caucasian males (usually older males). Almost sure most of them are from mail-order brides or something similar. They appear happy, not treated bad or anything. But I've also heard of some whose arrangements didn't turn out too well.

Axua:
but too much democracy is not.. something I believe our country has

i agree we are not ready for this kind of democracy. we need a strong willed iron leader who can..............

Missoouri....oh yeah, that is in the country that has a 46% divorce rate (2004) and original nationality doesn't have anything to do with the numbers.
If the Philippines were to make divorce legal we would see those numbers too. Common law marriages and separation are the norm. Look at the number of unwed mothers with children in the Philippines.
As a predominantly Catholic society (and the baggage that comes with that), we are not following any real order or rule when it comes to sexual promiscuity that has resulted in the sex trade that has developed over the years. Like it or not, the Philippines is known to the KANO's as a place to come for cheap sex and fun! This generation of Filipinos HAS to change that perception! Okay, now I am finished and stepping off my soap box.

Axua:
but too much democracy is not.. something I believe our country has
amen! filipinos are still politically immature to have true democracy... also our confucian heritage (asian) makes us too submissive to authority figures - so combine political immaturity and submission to authority and voila! erap, goma, fpj, gloria, miriam and the rest of them!

i agree, we need a strong leader who's not afraid to kick a55 and take names... lee kwan yue (sp?) and the former south korean leader (sorry forgot name) had something going

even marcos had something going with the bagong lipunan - just that power and his wife got to him first

doesn't have to be forever, just until we as a nation get our crap in order

Jag

Babydamulag:
Missoouri....oh yeah, that is in the country that has a 46% divorce rate (2004) and original nationality doesn't have anything to do with the numbers.
If the Philippines were to make divorce legal we would see those numbers too. Common law marriages and separation are the norm. Look at the number of unwed mothers with children in the Philippines.
As a predominantly Catholic society (and the baggage that comes with that), we are not following any real order or rule when it comes to sexual promiscuity that has resulted in the sex trade that has developed over the years. Like it or not, the Philippines is known to the KANO's as a place to come for cheap sex and fun! This generation of Filipinos HAS to change that perception! Okay, now I am finished and stepping off my soap box.
it happens in thailand, sri lanka, africa - any 3rd world coountry... we don't have exclusive rights to a society that's sleeping its way into hell

it's true... sad... but true

Jag

midwestdvr:
Yep, it's a business. Small town in rural Missouri has a lot of filipinas married to caucasian males (usually older males). Almost sure most of them are from mail-order brides or something similar. They appear happy, not treated bad or anything. But I've also heard of some whose arrangements didn't turn out too well.

How does this differ to those partner search/match websites? I don't see the difference, whether patronized by locals or caucasians. Where do you draw the line between the good and the bad the legal or illegal?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom